We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thinking of staying at Oyster Island in Nov.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
280 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Thinking of staying at Oyster Island in Nov.

Hi.

We thought we would stay in the cheaper room, cant remember what they are called, but I notice it doesnt have a fridge or tea and coffee making facilities. I love my cups of tea, can you get tea or coffee anytime you want and do you have to pay for them from the restaurant.

Also what are the prices and food like in restaurant and are the cocktails expensive.

Is it easy to get to the shops from there to get some supplies, nibbles.

Thanks for your help

Adelaide
Level Contributor
1,325 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thinking of staying at Oyster Island in Nov.

Hi Janis

We stayed on Oyster in March, and, as everyone here would know (and be driven nuts by me about it!) we just adored the place. We stayed in the larger more expensive bungalows, and while I don't mind a cup of tea or coffee during the day, we found it was way too hot to feel like a hot drink. We had a cup of tea and then coffee with breaky and didn't really bother the rest of the day. I don't know if you can easily get a cuppa from the bar, but I would expect it would be available.

The restaurant prices are pretty much comparable to a nice restaurant in Australia. Main meals were about $23 for beautiful eye fillet, $40 for lobster or mud crab, and ribs curry or a burger were $16 each. Desserts range from $6.50 up to $9.00. A light breakfast is included in tariff, but you can order some other delicious items for between $4 and $12. (I actually took a photo of the menu, I'm weird like that!). Cocktails were $12 from memory - forgot that menu!

The nearest shops for nibbles etc are back in Luganville, which is around 30 mins drive away. I suggest picking up anything you might need before you are driven to Oyster Island. Once again though, I am a bit of a snacker, but found I wasn't hungry for snacks and didn't eat most of what we bought. Combination of heat and the big meals I think.

I cannot recommend this beautiful place highly enough. Stay there, you will love it.

Cheers, Barbara

Brisbane
Level Contributor
280 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thinking of staying at Oyster Island in Nov.

Thankyou Barbara

It all sounds really wonderful

Bay of Isands
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Thinking of staying at Oyster Island in Nov.

Janis

The larger units at Oyster have tea coffee jug and a fridge in them, look forward to seeing you at Oyster

Regards

The Oyster team

Northland
Level Contributor
12 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thinking of staying at Oyster Island in Nov.

Are transfers from Luganville included in cost of stay? Staying Aore resort in early Aug, then Oyster Island before flying back to Vila.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
280 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thinking of staying at Oyster Island in Nov.

Hi,

Yes our transfers are included, but ours is a package with airfares and accommodation.

Adelaide
Level Contributor
1,325 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thinking of staying at Oyster Island in Nov.

Northernkiwi, you can ask Oyster if they are included, and if not, ask them to arrange for someone to pick you up. Very reliable. You can also book the driver to take you to some of the beautiful spots on Santo, like Champagne and Lonnoc Beaches. We did that in March and our driver Daniel was absolutely brilliant, a fountain of knowledge and a very interesting man.

Feel free to ask any questions you want - you are talking to an Oyster Island enthusiast here :)

Cheers, Barbara

7. Re: Thinking of staying at Oyster Island in Nov.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 April 2013, 10:28
Get answers to your questions about Luganville