We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lanseria to OR Tambo

london
4 posts
Save Topic
Lanseria to OR Tambo

Can someone pls tell me how long it should take to travel from Lanseria airport to OR Tambo airport? I have a domestic flight landing at lanseria at 3.00pm and an international flight leaving or tambo at 20.30pm and i am slightly worried abotu the timings......

Cary, North Carolina
Level Contributor
385 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lanseria to OR Tambo

In the past that drive would take about 1 hour at the most. But now the roads around Jo-burg are so congested it may take you much longer than that, especially that time of the day. Some even said that it takes them 2-3 hours.

Good luck

Werner

Eko Tracks

Pretoria, SA
Level Contributor
395 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lanseria to OR Tambo

hi depends what day - friday could easily be 3 hrs. Or if as I heard this morning a tomato truck lost is load all over the carriageway, 2-3hrs. the drive should take you 30-40 minutes with relatively flowing traffic. Unfortunately that cannot be guaranteed, so cross thumbs. you should be fine though. You will be out of Lanseria within 10-20 mins if that, they are extremel efficient. Assuming you are then on international flight from or tambo therefore need to be there around 6.30 - over 3 hrs should be no issue.

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
742 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lanseria to OR Tambo

Hi Gassogassy,

Lanseria airport is located in Randburg. Flights landing at Lanseria usually clear sooner than at O R Tambo, meaning you'll be off the plane and luggage in hand within relatively little time. Say for argument's sake you'll be out of the airport and in the car by 16:00. Unfortunately that's peak time traffic and getting to the O R Tambo will be a bit of a nightmare. Realistically I'd say you can expect a 2-hour drive. That means you'll be at the O R Tambo around 18:00, you should be stressed but still in time!

Just another question, are your flights booked already? Any chance that you can change your domestic flight to O R Tambo? Might be slightly more price-wise but it will save you loads of hassle and stress.

CfG,

4. Re: Lanseria to OR Tambo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 June 2010, 05:17