We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Last night of trip - where to stay in Joburg

Margate, United...
Level Contributor
342 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Last night of trip - where to stay in Joburg

Hello experts :) At the end of our road trip in October on the last day we are driving up from Spienkop to stay one last night before our flight home. How long will the drive take about?

Would like advice on somewhere nice for our final night where we can feel atmosphere and enjoy sightseeing/shopping the next day as we have the car till 6pm the next day. I am disabled so not too good at walking a long distance the agent suggested Tintswalo at Waterfall but it seems distant and corporate. I would like somewhere safe, comfy, with character, we want a lovely last meal in or out and of course, safe parking and on the airport side as SA is all new to us. Any suggestions?

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
742 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Last night of trip - where to stay in Joburg

Hi Blueamber,

Are you referring to Spioenkop in KwaZulu Natal? Just outside Ladysmith?

Where will you be dropping your car off eventually? At the airport? It so, then I would look at staying in the vicinity. Luckily there are lots of things to do in 40 - 50km from the airport, so we'll think of things for you to do. Just let us have a little more specifics, please.

CfG.

Margate, United...
Level Contributor
342 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Last night of trip - where to stay in Joburg

Yes it is Spioenkop in KZN, excuse my spelling, I do try not to insult people relating to their towns by being incorrect.

We will leave there after breakfast on the 3rd October but dont fly back to UK till 8pm on the 4th.. Pretty busy schedule over most of the trip ... have put places we are staying from when we arrive and nights at each below giving me time to catch my breath and relax even though others might move around more.

We are still flexible to small changes though we have negotiated pretty good upgrades at most places - very lucky really. So just want to make the most of our last little stretch as this could be the last exciting holiday my health will allow and we will have to stay nearer to home. However, still lots of nice places open to enjoy without a long flight .. bright sides to everything.

Dusk To Dawn B&B, Piet Retief, Mpumalanga 1

AmaKhosi Safari Lodge, Pongola 3

Mtubatuba B&B, Mtubatuba 4

Lalaria Lodge Ballito 2

Hartford House, Mooi River 2

Fugitives Drift Lodge 2

Three Trees at Spioenkop 2

Thank you for your help its all getting to feel "real"

Margate, United...
Level Contributor
342 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Last night of trip - where to stay in Joburg

Oops missed a bit of your question, embarrasing but I forget things in a moment, its one of my major problems. We pick up and leave our car at Johannesburg Airport so I expect we need to allow a fair bit of time for the returns proceedure too.

Margate, United...
Level Contributor
342 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Last night of trip - where to stay in Joburg

Just hoping for a wee bit of info as need to sort things soon. Just a thought as not City Lovers would we be better staying somewhere with character outside the city to relax on our last night instead?

5. Re: Last night of trip - where to stay in Joburg

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2010, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Greater Johannesburg