We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Glen Afric

Cardiff
Level Contributor
3 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Glen Afric

Can anyone tell me how much the entrance charge is please? Also, if anyone has done any of the activities and how much they cost? There doesn't appear to be any info on their website. Thanks

South Africa
Level Contributor
1,438 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Glen Afric

Well send them an email,and ask!

Cardiff
Level Contributor
3 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Glen Afric

Really helpful! Don't you think I tried that?

Cape Town, South...
Level Contributor
180 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Glen Afric

Hi. I don't know about an entrance fee. Our family went there for a Sunday lunch last year which was buffet style and great. After lunch their 4 elephants visit and you can hand feed them orange slices which the restaurant provides in a big container. You will be on the upper level and the elephants will be below. They curl their trunks up so you can pop an orange slice into the trunk opening. Its a wonderful experience.

I just went onto their website at www.glenafric.co.za and found out the following:

Game Drives

The game drives are a truly unforgettable experience to see and interact with some of Africa’s most magnificent animals. On the game drive you will get the opportunity to meet and greet our hippos, giraffe, zebra, impala, blessbock, sable, water buck, wildebeest, elephants, lions, tigers, and many more incredible animals.

Elephant Walks

Spend two hours walking in the bush with our family of four Elephants; Bully our male, Three our female and Marty and Hanna the babies.

Game Viewing on Horseback

Ride out with Redstone Private Country Estate’s horses. Spend two hours in the bush watching game on horseback accompanied by a game ranger. This is a unique opportunity to ride at Glen Afric where you can be at one with nature.

Please note that Glen Afric Country Lodge holds no liability for this activity: you ride at our own risk. Glen Afric Country Lodge offers a ground levy only. Please wear closed shoes and long trousers.

Please do try their website again, I noticed there is a "Contact us" option on it and perhaps they will reply to you this time.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
47 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Glen Afric

I have done both the game drive and the elephant walk. I've actually done the elephant walk twice because I loved it so much the first time. I seem to remember the elephant walk was around R400.00 per person which at the the moment is around 30 pounds.

Unfortunately I can't remember the price of the game drive but it was definitely cheaper than the elephant walk. I'm living in South Africa at the moment but prior to that I lived in the UK and the elephant walk was my favorite attraction out here. It is such a fantastic experience being able to interact with 3 elephants (2 of which were babies at the time).

5. Re: Glen Afric

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2013, 10:15