We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Elephant Sanctuary + Lions Park or Rhino and Lions Park

Lisbon
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Topic
Elephant Sanctuary + Lions Park or Rhino and Lions Park

Hi, everybody.

What do you think it would be more fun for a day trip: Elephant Sanctuary + Lions Park or Rhino and Lions Park? I will stay at a game lodge before, but really wanted to get closer to animals and hold a lion cub...

Please give me your opinion.

Kind regards.

Naracoorte
Level Contributor
2,863 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Elephant Sanctuary + Lions Park or Rhino and Lions Park

Hitting myself over the head with a brick.

Randburg, Gauteng...
Level Contributor
977 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Elephant Sanctuary + Lions Park or Rhino and Lions Park

I suggest you leave out the Lion Park, and do Elephant sanctuary, and then go to the Rhino and Lion Park. This is a full day tour and although it is quite far from Johannesburg (around 1 hour's drive) it is in the same area.

Lyn - Owner - Thorntree Tours and Safaris

Gold Coast...
Destination Expert
for Kruger National Park
Level Contributor
4,789 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Elephant Sanctuary + Lions Park or Rhino and Lions Park

Hit me too Tryhard

To explain the first reply here, please do a search and check very recent posts as well as many others as to why you should NOT be holding a lion cub. That is unless you are ok with condemning it to death.

Unfortunately many people still support this form of barbaric tourist attraction.

Randburg, Gauteng...
Level Contributor
977 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Elephant Sanctuary + Lions Park or Rhino and Lions Park

I agree with Tryhard and thesandmans, the canned lion debacle still continues to this day, despite having been widely circulated on national TV expose channels. The presiding government and wildlife authorities are well aware of this practice of using lion cubs to make money from overseas visitors and then using them later for hunters fodder, to make even more money. It is a difficult situation and one only has to visit the Lion Park to see how many hundreds of people visit there every day. How can we stop this?

Lyn - Owner - Thorntree Tours and Safaris

5. Re: Elephant Sanctuary + Lions Park or Rhino and Lions Park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 April 2014, 05:16