We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coffee in Kata

Which Kata Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Gold Coast
Level Contributor
532 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Coffee in Kata

Whoohoo only 10 more sleeps to go!

We're staying at the Kata Palm Resort - does anyone know if they have nice coffee?? I'm sure I'll be needing my shot of caffeine...

Can anyone please advise where we can get a great cappuccino close by?

Melbourne
Level Contributor
276 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Coffee in Kata

Hi there we have justed returned from Thailand and stayed in Karon but we did go to Kata I dont know how much of a coffee person you are but we own restaurants and coffee company so know a bit about a good cappacino or latte. Doesnt exit there they have proper machines but they just dont have the technique. Anyway its so hot you wont really want for a hot cappa we had lots of iced cappacinos or lattes these were yummy a bit sweet but nice and refreshing.

Enjoy

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach, Karon
Level Contributor
3,964 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Coffee in Kata

IMO The Caffe Cino at The Hilton in Karon serve the best Capuccino. I go there regularly for my fix. Well worth it.

Also coming from The Kata Palm Resort turn left into Koktanod Road at the junction, travel half way up going towards Patak road. Look for a small home made sign on your left hand side advertising freshly brewed coffee. A Japanese guy grounds the beans and makes the coffees himself. Very popular amongst the locals and cheap as chips!

Chantal.

melbourne australia
Level Contributor
1,020 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Coffee in Kata

Surprisingly, you can get a decent cup of Joe in Phuket.

When you go shopping at Jungceylon in Patong, pop into the Euro (something or other) cafe on the corner of a lane just past it (going North). The wall of the lane is covered with large advertisements. GREAT cappuccino.

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
532 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Coffee in Kata

Thanks so much everyone - can't live without a coffee first thing.

Will definitely check out all your sugestions .

A friend who had the first Starbucks franchise in Auckland , taught me how to make a pretty great cappuccino years ago with a plunger and a milk frother!!!

Now we're spoilt and find instant just wont work...

I might have to take my trusty plunger (its all metal) and frother with me!!!

Hehe that'll probably freak out the xray at the aitrport - maybe I won't take them.....

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,035 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Coffee in Kata

I'm sorry, but by international convention, you are not allowed to use "Starbucks" and "great cappuccino" in the same sentence. Americans, of course, are excepted (they just don't know any better).

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
532 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Coffee in Kata

LOL - Many apologies.

I have to admit I do agree with you.

Having said that I knew no better back then - 10 years ago cappuccino was such a new thing in Auckland....

Thats my excuse anyways - hehehe

Can anyone please let me know what milk is available in Phuket?

Is there a "low fat" choice?

Whooohoo only 8 more sleeps!!!!!

Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Coffee in Kata

Summer Coffee Shop

nice quiet and air con. Better then the Andaman Coffees. Next to Mom Tri's Oasis, must past Boathouse .

Secret: terrace on the roof with sea views. Enter from the outside, back. :)

8. Re: Coffee in Kata

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 April 2010, 05:18