We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mom Tri's Villa Royal - Beach Wing or New Royal Wing ?

Thompson, Norfolk...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Mom Tri's Villa Royal - Beach Wing or New Royal Wing ?

Hi

Planning to book a 2 week holiday for 2 couples (In 50's), in 2 rooms at Mom Tri's. This after seeing many favorable reviews on Tripadvisor and now prefering the smaller more personal hotels. Have looked at the inside and balcony view pictures on the web and trying to decide between one of the traditional style (we like traditional) beach wing suites or one of the more recent addion Royal wing suites (we also like the more modern style). I can see that the new rooms are similar in size inside, but the Royal Wing rooms seem to have extra balcony space allowing day beds to be added. Was trying (unsucessfully) to find some sort of site layout diagram to show where the rooms situated...ie in our minds the thought is sometines the older sited rooms in any hotel might have a better/quieter position or view to offer than any new build rooms that may have been slotted in . Has anyone stayed at either type room and got an opinion/reccomendation on either type & either way. Advantages / disadvantages beyond the balcony/daybeds already mentioned.

p.s final query what is allocated on the beach below as far as sunbeds/space around are concerned...full beds?, just deck chairs?, do you have a fight to get one in peak season...cant seem to find any real pics of what the story is on the imediate beach area...

Looking forward to our 4th trip to Phuket & thanks for any thoughts/info on the above.

Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mom Tri's Villa Royal - Beach Wing or New Royal Wing ?

Hi, I am the PR manager at Villa Royale.

Send me an email at pr@villaroyalephuket.com and I can send you a really rough map of the layout.

The Royale Wing Suites are modern with clean lines and a lot of creme and white, bordering on minimalistic with a Thai touch.

The beach wing suites are traditional and have a balcony but not with a ceiling fan nor 2 lounges. THere is 1 day bed, built in on the beach wing suites.

I can send you more photos too.

Thanks for inquiring on TA!

pr@villaroyalephuket.com

Sylvie aka Kata No

South Australia...
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Ko Lanta
Level Contributor
8,926 posts
417 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mom Tri's Villa Royal - Beach Wing or New Royal Wing ?

Hi Nelly,

We have stayed in the beach wing suites and loved it. I took loads of photos of the room and hotel grounds, might give you more of an idea of what the beach wing is like.

http://www.cathyandgarystravelpages.com/mom_tri's_villa_royale.htm

Cant help you with the beach area as we were the only people on the beach (it was low season)

Cathy

Thompson, Norfolk...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mom Tri's Villa Royal - Beach Wing or New Royal Wing ?

Sylvie, thanks so much for the TA reply & separate e-mail pictures .... and Cathy & Gary the impessive web site/ pictures....we will probably book the beach wing rooms as they do look exactly what we like in our style of accomodation.

Sylvie...we will be in touch again !...

thanks again

Mark & Julie

Thomson, Norfolk, UK

4. Re: Mom Tri's Villa Royal - Beach Wing or New Royal Wing ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 July 2010, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Kata Beach