We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather in september

Kadina, Australia
Level Contributor
878 posts
75 reviews
Save Topic
weather in september

i am going to kata beach in september this year, i know it is the rainy season but this is the only time we are able to get of work

i am determined to have a good time!

how much rain can i expect? what activities can i do during the wet season? any ideas/recomandations will be greatly appreciated

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Phuket
Level Contributor
2,091 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: weather in september

Hi Marley88,

We have been 4 times around this time of year and it has never stopped us from doing anything although its harder to get to Phi Phi as the seas in the open area can get quite rough. Sailing or any activities through Phang Na bay are usually fine as the waters here are more protected.

Phuket has a tropical climate that is warm the whole year round averaging temperatures of around 29C. There are two distinct seasons with a few minor variations in-between.

Visiting Phuket in the monsoon season has lots of advantages. Temperatures average a comfortable 29/30C and light warm winds make sightseeing tours very pleasant. During the monsoon season, it doesn't rain every day! The usual weather pattern is for short dramatic showers, with plenty of sunshine in between, June, July and August are particularly pleasant.

Try the following sites, they give up to date information on the weather and indicants the chance of rain on a percentage basis.

http://www.tmd.go.th/EN/province.php?id=75

Also check out the following site with info on seasons and what to expect.

http://www.phuket.com/island/weather.htm

Cheers, Pete.

Kadina, Australia
Level Contributor
878 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: weather in september

oh thankyou very much i will deffinatly have a look at those websites.

if you dont mind me asking what tours and activities did you do whilst in phuket? particallu during rainy season

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Phuket
Level Contributor
2,091 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: weather in september

Hi There,

We have sailed up through Phang Na bay with Captain Mark from Phuket Sail tours, Traveled by boat to James Bond island and visited the floating fishing village, Toured the many different places of interest around the island, swam at the beaches although this can be dangerous with many rips that time of the year but there are sheltered beaches. You can do just about all the things available in the high season except some of the trips to Phi Phi can be pretty rough and a couple of the tour operators won't chance it that time of the year.

Cheers, Pete.

Kadina, Australia
Level Contributor
878 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: weather in september

thankyou for your help, we are booked to go to phi phi island for three nights after we leave phuket, so i hope the seas arent too rough

5. Re: weather in september

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2010, 07:17
Get answers to your questions about Kata Beach