We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good Pasta

Queensland...
Level Contributor
3,021 posts
149 reviews
Save Topic
Good Pasta

If i was after a good pasta hit when in Kata, which restaurant would you suggest we check out? CJ

australia
Level Contributor
160 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good Pasta

i dont know about kata but there is 2 places in patong , the pizza factory on beach rd and sweets on the same rd in between bangla rd and holiday inn , down one of the alleyways there.

Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good Pasta

Without a doubt, undisputed..... Capannina!

Located nearly opposite the Kata Beach resort but back away from the main road.

If you are at Kata Beach resort go to the cross walk crossing, with the signal and marked on the road. Cross there. Then keep walking back along a little walk way. First you pass Oyster Bar, then something else, then Buffalo Steak House and then then Capaninna . Red sign with white writing can be seen from the road.

There is a hotel past that too but not sure of the name. I thinkt he words Kata , Resort and Phuket are in it but not sure what order.

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach, Karon
Level Contributor
4,001 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good Pasta

Hi CJ

Capannina is great for Italian food! Also Rugantinos along Koktanod Road near The Tube offers good pasta. IMO their Lasagne is the best. They closed for a couple of months this low season and will re open in August (not sure what date).

Queensland...
Level Contributor
3,021 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good Pasta

Many thanks ladies. Chantal will catch you later. CJ

Queensland...
Level Contributor
3,021 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Good Pasta

Just an update on my pasta fix..Had a lasagne at Giorgione's restaurant which is located between Malissa Resort & Tropical Resorts Kata. Melt in your mouth experience. Didn't get to go back for a second meal as it rained heavily the night we were meant to return, however went to Two Chef's in Kata & the Swedish meatballs with mashed potato went down well. CJ

Monaco
Level Contributor
119 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Good Pasta

Agree with Kata_noi

Capanina is the absolute best Italian in Phuket, try the signature calzone as well, the best calzone ever!!

Avoid the pizza company as its greasy and ultra commercial (its the THAI version of pizza Hut)

enjoy!!

Queensland...
Level Contributor
3,021 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Good Pasta

I don't eat Pizza but was told that Capanina's do a good one. Maybe next time i will try their pasta's. CJ

8. Re: Good Pasta

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 January 2011, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Kata Beach
Recent Conversations