We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Basic Hotel in Kata

Which Kata Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
canary islands
Level Contributor
322 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Basic Hotel in Kata

Hi all, we stayed in Boomerang village in March & it was fab but a bit too expensive. For next March we want to stay in the same area but want a much more basic hotel, this is becauce we will be off from 8:30am until 06:30pm every day scuba diving. I already have some booking information on Phuket Garden Home but no info on what its like. Are there any other places you could let me know about?

Also is the cost of a taxi from the airport to Kata about 900 THB & can we just get one at a taxi rank, last time we had a pre booked taxi & I never noticed a rank or booking office - didn't notice much after 12hr flight.

thanks everyone

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach
Level Contributor
5,364 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Basic Hotel in Kata

Many options for a basic hotel, e.g. Little mermaid or kata center inn.

Taxi meter from the airport will be around 500 baht, after exiting the terminal to your right, you just have to ignore the touts.

Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Basic Hotel in Kata

Garden Home is near Boomerang. I used to live on that street. Garden home is right when you enter the street and many people like it and have good things to say about it who have stayed there. My neighbor booked his friends there, another friend stayed there... From what I heard I would say it is fine.

Taxi meter is about 400-500. The que is OUTSIDE the airprot, turn right. Ignore all the annoying touts. be warned they just added or are going to add 60 more taxi cars to the airport.

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach, Karon
Level Contributor
3,924 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Basic Hotel in Kata

If you are interested in good clean more bungalow style establishments there are quite a few along Koktanod road closer to Kata Beach. Most of these establishments do not have websites etc as they rely on return business as well as the daily street trade.

Alternatively the following establishments do have websites:

Tony and Eak Guesthouse: www.kataguesthouse.com/

The Two Chefs: www.twochefs-phuket.com/

Casa E Mare Hotel: www.casaemarekata.com

Depending on your requirements prices around 800 baht to 1800 baht per day in the high season months. Feel welcome to PM me if you want some more details/contacts etc.

Hope this helps.

Chantal.

canary islands
Level Contributor
322 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Basic Hotel in Kata

Thanks to you all for your help, I thingk we'll probably go with Phuket Garden Home. The instructions about the taxi is of great help, we paid too much last time, but thats life.

Thanks very much

Penrith
Level Contributor
56 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Basic Hotel in Kata

Hi

We found Kata Lucky Villas to be just right. It worked out about $40 AU/ night for a Villa & breakfast. Couldn't fault the place

Harry

6. Re: Basic Hotel in Kata

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 March 2011, 04:17
Get answers to your questions about Kata Beach