We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

kata - things to do, places to stay?

Caloundra, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
kata - things to do, places to stay?

anyone reccomend places to stay and things/ sights worth doing? heading over end of oct of week off.

London, United...
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: kata - things to do, places to stay?

Kata has to be one of the most beautiful parts of Phuket. I have been there many times over the years. I can recommend the following places to stay -

CC Blooms hotel for its amazing value for money, great team and magical atmosphere.

Mom Tris villa royale if you want a top end experience at an unbeatable location.

The Marina hotel, Kata for its "Jungle rooms" and amazing beach front location.

For things to do -

- Phi phi island for a 2 night stay

- Koh Sok for some jungle/elephants/canoeing adventure

- James bond island tour.

Have fun!

Kadina, Australia
Level Contributor
878 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: kata - things to do, places to stay?

we just stayed at kata for 8 nights you will love it, we stayed at the kata beach resort which was increddible!

make sure you go to dino mini golf i was a great night out for all ages. also kok chang elephant safari is really close by and they will pick you up and drop you off for free and the elephants are really well cared for

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
442 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: kata - things to do, places to stay?

You have to eat at Sai Nam. it is just down the road from 2 Chefs and Mom Tri's. We just kept going back, 2 adults and 2 kids our first time there cost $36 with drinks. The food was delicious... you will enjoy.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
134 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: kata - things to do, places to stay?

You could visit the Big Buddha and Wat chalong. If possible, bike it up - its fun, i just got back! Try Ska bar at Kata for a night out - good music and great cocktails.

have fun!

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
752 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: kata - things to do, places to stay?

Make sure you stay at a property with a beach club or an area set aside for its guests with sun lounges.

Oh, and don't stay at Metadee!

Kuala Lumpur...
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: kata - things to do, places to stay?

Or if you dont mind just couple minute by taxi and want to save huge cost and use those money on drinking and food instead.

Then i will recommend : Boomerang Village

Very nice !

7. Re: kata - things to do, places to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 April 2011, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about Kata Beach