We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

distance to Duke's Sports Bar

Which Kata Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Knysna, South Africa
Level Contributor
297 posts
83 reviews
Save Topic
distance to Duke's Sports Bar

Hi

Can anyone tell me how far it would be to walk to Duke's from the Kata Palm Resort and Spa. We have only ever stayed in Patong and only really know the beach and a bit of Kata.

thanks, Kirsty

Carshalton, United...
Level Contributor
431 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: distance to Duke's Sports Bar

Hi Kirsty

My wife and I arwe just around the corner from you (I think) in the Sawasdee Village. We walked to Dukes Bar the other night after reading about it here. It took about ten minutes, so isn't that far at all.

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach, Karon
Level Contributor
3,914 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: distance to Duke's Sports Bar

Yes, I can confirm that it is about a 10 to 15 minute walk Kirsty.

Have fun!

Chantal.

Knysna, South Africa
Level Contributor
297 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: distance to Duke's Sports Bar

thanks! It gets such good write ups that it looks like a must try after a hard day on the beach....2 weeks to go!!

cheers Kirsty

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,914 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: distance to Duke's Sports Bar

Another good option is Rick n Rolls located along the New Kata Road. Check out their website: www.rickyzen.com/www.rickyzen.com/HOME.html

Knysna, South Africa
Level Contributor
297 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: distance to Duke's Sports Bar

thanks Chantal, sounds great. Sent you a message!

Carshalton, United...
Level Contributor
431 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: distance to Duke's Sports Bar

You might be disapointed though depending on what you expect. It's a small, qiuet looking bar. We walked there because of the reviews also, but didn't stop for a drink so can't comment on the atmosphere.

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
786 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: distance to Duke's Sports Bar

Hi Kirsty (my daughter's name - co-incidence) We will be staying at Kata Palm Resort next Sept for the 2011 NRL Semi Finals - can anyone enlighten me just where abouts this Bar is in relation to Kata Palm? Which direction.

Last time in Kata we stayed at Tropical Garden Resort, lovely but oh those stairs - never again!!!

Cheers, Karen

Knysna, South Africa
Level Contributor
297 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: distance to Duke's Sports Bar

Hi Kaz

I am not entirely sure myself but I will be there in a few weeks and will be able to give feedback on what its like etc.

What are the NRL semifinals?

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
786 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: distance to Duke's Sports Bar

NRL Semi Finals are the National Rugby League Semi Finals, football in Australia. Hope you enjoy your holiday. We are looking at booking a Pool Access Room at Kata Palm Resort, would prefer one a few doors down from the Pool Bar so if you happen to see these would if be possible for you to advise room numbers? Have a ball. Cheers, Karen

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,914 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: distance to Duke's Sports Bar

As you come out of the Kata Palm Resort turn right and walk to Crazy Corner. When you reach this crossroads you will immediately know it :)) Turn right into Taina road and you will find Dukes Bar a few 100 meters on your right hand side.

Have fun.

Chantal.

Get answers to your questions about Kata Beach