We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 Adults sharing a room

Newark, Notts
Level Contributor
258 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
3 Adults sharing a room

Hi there

Could anybody please give me some advise on hotel rooms for 3 people on Kata or Karon beachfronts.

We are husband and wife celebrating our 20th wedding anniversay and also our 17 year old son-so preferably we would like a seperate lounge area where he can sleep. Mid April for one week up to £300 per night.

Many thanks

Paula

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 Adults sharing a room

For that amount you can get 2 deluxe seaview rooms at the Centara Grand Resort which is right on the beach at north end of Karon. It is an expensive resort hotel but the pools, water slides etc plus great beach location make it ideal for a family holiday.

For 'on the beach' you are limited as except for a few places others are not on the beach, across the road.

The Centara Grand Resort ( not to be confused with Centara Karon Resort ) is right on the beach.

South end of Karon is Karon beach Resort, on the beach, but that will probably cost the same and no-where near the facilities of Centara Grand, however, it does have more restaurants and bars close by.

Kata beach Resort again one of very few right on the beach, should be within budget.

One of the 'best' which in fact comes well within your range and good value compared to other is the Katathani, there you could get a Grand Suite, that is bedroom plus Sofa Bed for about gbp 170 which is honestly very good value compared with prices for others. There may be extra bed charge. Or, the Junior suite, same bedding applies but that is about gbp 127, or, for 200-220 get 2 rooms.

Katathani is well liked and I can guess that others may well also suggest the same.

If being not on the beach but across the beach road you could even get Hilton, take a top plus best sea view room for youselves for about 130 ( though sea view rooms go from about 110 ) and your son a standard sea view for about 100, so 2210-230 tops you get 2 sea view rooms, and it is a Hilton :)

Also across road from beach well like is Moevenpick, Plunge Pool Villa about 195 then an extra bed charge. Or, get a Plunge Pool Villa and then a single room for your son, though that would put you in total about 25 over budget.

It's your anniversary, and with a 17 year old I think if you can go for 2 rooms suits you all, and you can do that, stay in style within your budget.

Another option Kata about 10 minutes walk to beach is Centara Kata, the good thing about the centara kata is that a 2 bedroom family Suite which gives you the best available is about gbp 140 ( plus an extra person charge which will not be much ), that does give you a 2 bedroom suite, nice pools, and you can save half your budget :)

Nothing wrong with spending on luxury but my tip is don't overspend unless you really want to because you can stay very well indeed and don't have to pay a lot to do so.

Do appreciate Phuket is a get-out-and-about place so you may not find yourself spending so much time in the hotel itself.

Centara Kata resort and Centara Grand Resort details

centarahotelsresorts.com/phuket_hotels.asp

Prices there may be good or not I don't know, those prices I have mentioned are off Phuket Luxury Hotels

Edited: 26 January 2011, 17:57
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,779 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 Adults sharing a room

Hi Paula

We travel with our 15 year old son and as he is tall we find a rollaway does not always work - especially the ones they offer in Thailand. We take two rooms.

On the beach in Kata The Boathouse has a suite with a separate lounge area. We are there in April and have booked two rooms next to each other. This also gives our son his own bathroom.

The other I can personally recommend is Villa Royale. We stayed there in July with 4 teenagers. The best value room is "1" which is a two bedroom two bathroom suite with a private court yard and dipping pool. This is often hard to get as it is very popular.

We also stay in "3" which is a two room suite - one bedroom and one bathroom. This was perfect for us until our son grew to 180cm and the roll away was just too short.

Last time we also had two adjoining Kata suites - these are just by one of the pools and it feels as though you have your own pool. This is my new favourite. You can also get two adjoining beach suites (I think I have been there too many times LOL) or Royal suites

They have other suites but I have not been in them

Although not right on the beach VR is only a short walk to Kata and Kata Noi and has amazing views

All I have suggested would be in your budget.

There are others at higher prices

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,981 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 3 Adults sharing a room

Must have been a typo.

4. Re: 3 Adults sharing a room

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 January 2012, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Kata Beach
Recent Conversations