We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Phuket Kata Resort

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Phuket Kata Resort

Hi folks, has anyone ever stayed at this particular hotel in Kata. We usuallly stay at the Kata Palms Resort, thought that we would try something different this time.

Queensland...
Level Contributor
2,971 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Phuket Kata Resort

Haven't stayed here yet but planning too June 2013 ( celebrating 60th).

The resorts pool area is enormous & you are amongst the shops,restaurants,bars of Kata. It would be a 3 minute walk to Kata Beach.

If you know where the oyster bar is, it's behind there. We are going to ask to have a look in the rooms in January. CJ

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Phuket Kata Resort

Hi ChuckyJellie, many thanks for taking the time to post an answer, I have made a booking for May 2012 hopefully it will be ok. Can you keep me posted if you think about it when you go back in January.

Queensland...
Level Contributor
2,971 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Phuket Kata Resort

Sure can, hope you don't mind me updating early Feb as i will not be near a computer when we travel. cheers. CJ

North London
Level Contributor
110 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Phuket Kata Resort

My wife and I are staying here from 22nd august for 10 nights so will let u know when we get back, from what I've read of the reviews the kata palm is great for location and the swimming pool is amazing. I booked with expedia into a deluxe pool view room but I've just upgraded to pool access room. I tried to upgrade the room through expedia but they were asking for an extra £426 so I contacted the hotel directly and they gave me an upgrade for an extra 1000bhat a night which only worked out to be an extra £200 all the asked that I pay 50% in advance. They sent the credit card for yesterday I've just filled it kit and sent it by email. If u need any details send me a msg in September and I'll try and help. Can't wait only 17 more sleeps

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Phuket Kata Resort

Hi, many thanks for your response, hope you both have a safe and fantastic time in Kata. Will definately send a message in September.

Mount Gambier...
Level Contributor
1,818 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Phuket Kata Resort

Phuket Kata is currently offering their deluxe pool access rooms for 1100 baht a night incl. breakfast.. I will be there in October so can let you know.. Also regular forum poster Cathy&Gary just stayed there... said it was fantastic value!

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach, Karon
Level Contributor
3,983 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Phuket Kata Resort

Yes, Cathy and Gary stayed there last week and apparently they enjoyed it there. I am sure that Cathy will see this post soon and let you know the details.

Edited: 15 August 2011, 11:48
South Australia...
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Ko Lanta
Level Contributor
8,926 posts
417 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Phuket Kata Resort

Hi gossarama, we were only at Phuket Kata Resort last week & really enjoyed our stay there. We booked a Deluxe Pool Access room for 1,100baht which included breakfast.

The rooms are quite big with a day bed inside, good size bathroom etc, the balcony was great, small table & 2 chairs, 2 sun beds & then the pool for the access rooms, well it is beautiful & BIG. It was fantastic being able to have access from our balcony.

There is also another huge pool with swim up pool bar & sun beds in the water lol, plus 3 jacuzzi areas. Great value hotel in a fantastic location.

We were also very surprised at breakfast as we were not expecting much due to the price of the room, but it was a full on buffet with Thai, Western & Eurpoean foods, best part is it was all steaming hot, even the tea & coffee lol.

So really check around for rates as there are some great prices going at the moment. Here is the link to our photos of the room, pools etc.

http://tinyurl.com/3jbn759

Cathy

North London
Level Contributor
110 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Phuket Kata Resort

Sorry guys are we talking about the kata palm resort or is the kata resort different as I'm a bit confused after seeing cathy and gary's photos, I'm staying at the kata palm the price that everyones been quoting of 1100 Bhat for pool access room for kata palm is very good if that's the case

South Australia...
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Ko Lanta
Level Contributor
8,926 posts
417 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Phuket Kata Resort

It is 2 different hotels, we are talking about the Phuket Kata Resort, (Kata Palms is a couple of minutes walk away on the opposite side of the road).

Cathy

Get answers to your questions about Kata Beach
Recent Conversations