We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kata Noi - travelling about

Which Kata Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kuala Lumpur...
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Kata Noi - travelling about

Hi everybody, I've tried the search function and googled too but couldn't find information on the below, do advise :)

Am thinking of heading over to Kata Noi, first week November.

Probably take a metre cab there from the airport.

I will be there for 4 days / 3 nights - do people travel back and forth to Patong from Kata Noi at night? If so, how much approximately and is it safe to travel back late at night?

Also I was planning on visiting Phi Phi for a day / full day trip. Does anyone know how much it costs and where would normally be the pick up point - other than from Patong? Can I go from Kata Beach?

Links would be great! Thank you all :))

Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kata Noi - travelling about

Hi Kata NOi is about 25 minutes from Patong and a taxi is about 500 baht each way. If you are a female traveling alone I think it is also safe to be a bit cautious.

Perhaps get a recommend driver who can take you back and forth. THe price will be the same. I can recommend a few ..

When I got out and we want a taxi I use Phuket Best Tours

http://www.phuketbesttours.com/

info@phuketbesttours.com

It really works out the same price to have a driver take you and wait and wait for hours sometimes. and then there is no hassling when you are tired and just want to get back.

And yes many people do not want to stay in Patong but like to go back and forth. Normal and a nice drive.

I also have another driver who is local for Kata .. I dont have his info on me but he is nice.

A day trip to Phi Phi can easily be arranged and they will pick you up at your hotel. My favorite is a non-speed boat trip on La MOet. They usually work with Scandanavian agents so you will not find their brochures about or at most hotels but it is a great trip.... nice lovely relaxing boat and demonstrations and information about Thai culture , snorkeling guides etc..

http://www.lamoet.com

Have fun!

Kuala Lumpur...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Kata Noi - travelling about

Thanks! sounds good..!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
311 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kata Noi - travelling about

Hey there,

Just wondering if you did the tour? Are you back yet.. Actually, never mind you said early November and that means you are probably there now. Will look for your Jbr. Have fun and travel safe. ; )

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
399 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kata Noi - travelling about

Just back from staying at Katathani in Kata Noi - TA "Kata Noi" is right. It is 500 baht from KN to P & same back. Airport to Kata Noi is 600baht. When we arrived there were no taxis available and a 1/2 hr wait. Take 2 steps & we were approached for a taxi - the man immediately quoted 600 baht - happy he wasn't obviously trying to rip us off, we accepted. Not all taxi/tuk tuk fares make sense though. KN into Kata is 150. KN to Karon 300. And sometimes a smaller distance (south of Karon to nth Kata is 200??)

5. Re: Kata Noi - travelling about

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 November 2012, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Kata Beach