We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kata local restaurants or eating outlets

Which Kata Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
SG
Level Contributor
141 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Kata local restaurants or eating outlets

hi , any good recommendation of thai food in Kata local restaurants or small eating outlets?

I read some of the ones on the left, mostly like Il Tagliere da Massimom , Lucky Tom's, Mom Tri's Kitchen seems to be cater for western tastes or higher end?

thanks in advance!

Dublin
Level Contributor
803 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kata local restaurants or eating outlets

Lucky Tom,s gets my vote, very little "Western taste" on there menu, a very enjoyable meal was had the couple of times we went.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
186 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kata local restaurants or eating outlets

Hi I agree with 1888 Lucky Toms get our vote

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
404 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kata local restaurants or eating outlets

Not been yet (2 sleeps to go) but also looking at restaurants in Kata & there seem to be an abundant amount of fabulous ones. My list is Lucky Tom's, Eightfold, Red Chair, Restaurant Mama, & The Kwong Shop (seafood). Ging restaurant is popular in Karon & apparently they've opened one up in Kata but not heard any reports or where it is exactly?

Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kata local restaurants or eating outlets

If you want to eat where Thais eat then I would suggest Red Chair (lunch is packed with Thai people) that is on Koktanode Road and also Thai Kitchen in Kata Center.

Also very close to the post office on the main road is Mama Daengs next to the Tusa Dive shop. She closes early but good for lunch. Opposite the post office is really good on the corner but NOT smiley. Also there is a popular noodle soup cart too opposite the post office if you don't mind eating pork.

In general Koktanode Road and the main road with the post office Patak Road have Thai food places where the Thais go.

5. Re: Kata local restaurants or eating outlets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2012, 14:17