We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Phuket airport to Kata beach

Bucharest, Romania
11 posts
Save Topic
Phuket airport to Kata beach

Can anyone tell me how can I reach Kata beach (Aloha Residence Hotel) from Phuket airport? Do I have to take a taxi or is there any other way/public transportation?

It's better/easier if I choose to go in Phuket town and then at Kata beach?

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,864 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Phuket airport to Kata beach

Please take a look at the FAQs on the right side of the main Phuket forum, which answers your question in detail.

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
163 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Phuket airport to Kata beach

We use Manop who we have found good and helpful.

http://showmephuket.com/services.htm

Wellington, New...
Level Contributor
143 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Phuket airport to Kata beach

I hoped in a taxi when I came out of the airport - late at night the rack rate was 600 Baht. There's a rank on the right, just go past all the touts to the rank tell them your hotel and ask them how much. As a single woman arriving after travelling 24 hours late at night I had no problems.

Lancashire
Level Contributor
244 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Phuket airport to Kata beach

Hi Kapitibeach. Can you remember how late at night you got a taxi. We have a very late flight arrival,12.50 am

we were wondering if it was best to pre book taxi or if we can just pick one up at the airport,is it easy at that time or are there not many taxis around then.

We are going to Metadee Resort Kata.

Thanks Lil

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,864 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Phuket airport to Kata beach

There will be taxis waiting as long as there are flights arriving.

Wellington, New...
Level Contributor
143 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Phuket airport to Kata beach

Sorry Lilly6 - was in the process of returning to NZ and didn't see your reply. I was looking for a taxi at around 11pm at night but I believe it's as BBTony says 'if you are flying in there's someone waiting around'. Just ignore the touts, hit a hard right on exit and head for the rank. Settle the price beforehand and off you go.

I prebooked a taxi and it never showed, so I sorted it out easily enough (apart from my brain thinking it was a good idea to reply to the touts in Turkish or Indonesian!).

Lancashire
Level Contributor
244 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Phuket airport to Kata beach

Hi Kapitibeach.

Thanks for your reply. Can you tell me what is a reasonable price to pay at that time in the morning do you think?

Would it be around 600 baht or will it be more because of the time.

Thanks Lilly

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,037 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Phuket airport to Kata beach

Taxi's at the airport are meter taxi's. I did not realise they had an after hours standard fare, if in fact they do. If you follow bbtony's advice and read the FAQ... it will tell you all about how to catch a taxi. 600 baht sounds about right to Kata.

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g293920-s304/Phuket:T…

see the "Metered taxi" bit about half way down. Pre-booking a private driver for the same journey would be about 800 baht.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
5,076 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Phuket airport to Kata beach

We booked a driver.I think 800 Baht

Cheers Mac

Wellington, New...
Level Contributor
143 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Phuket airport to Kata beach

I just asked at the cab office how much it was approximately, a bit of chat and they came back with 600. Never turned the metre on. Winner for me as I saved 200 on the guy I'd booked that never showed (and our dollar is half the pound, so that was dinner money). If you want to book a private driver I'd recommend Panya Karaman - I booked him for the return transfer for 800 early on Monday morning (0630 pick-up). I also used Panya for a five hour round the island trip and another day around shopping. Standard five hours for him for 1 pax was 1200bht and I paid another 200 to get out to a particularly far away Wat I wanted to see. He has a large well maintained a/ced new model SUV. If we take the kids I'd book Panya in a heartbeat - he's so safe.

Get answers to your questions about Kata Beach
Recent Conversations