We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kata palm resort with kids

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
344 posts
72 reviews
Save Topic
Kata palm resort with kids

HI , we are off to phuket in July, have been before but not with the kids ( who are 7 and 8) . I am looking at the kata palm, would like a pool access room, does anyone know if they will accept 4 in a room? When I try on their website, they wont have any kids only 2 adults, but on other websites ie expedia etc they will. Also if any one has stayed in their premier suites- does that have direct pool access?

If anyone has any other suggestions for accom with kids with pool access that would be great.

big thanks

kylie

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,037 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kata palm resort with kids

Many/most hotels in Phuket won't let kids 12 or under in pool access rooms.

Can you please explain to me why you want a pool access room. I truly am curious. The pool area in front of your pool access room is not for your exclusive use, so what is the advantage over walking a few steps to the pool ? The room will be nicer inside than a lower grade room, but apart from that, I don't see too much upside. And you don't even get the few feet of path for the kids to drip-off on before entering the room - I predict lots of mess !

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
344 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kata palm resort with kids

I understand your point, but it is a novelty the kids would just love and one which anywhere else we would pay through the nose for.

Culcairn, Australia
Level Contributor
49 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kata palm resort with kids

Hi Kylie We have stayed twice at Kata Palms once just me and hubby in the pool access room and last time with 13 and 10 yr olds in there Premier Suite which is 2 bedroom with kitchen and a bigger out door patio with direct pool access it was wonderful,but you have to book this room through emailing the resort from memory 6500THB,Have Fun Di

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
344 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kata palm resort with kids

Thanks so much didarryl15 , great info, I have emailed them and waiting for a reply.

Thanks again

Kylie

Maitland, Australia
Level Contributor
610 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kata palm resort with kids

Hi they won't let 2 adults and two kids in room together.they also say no kids in pool access but they allow them in premier room. We are staying in the premier suite in may 2012 my kids are 14 and 10 years old . Depending on the age of kids whether they are free or paying adult. I emailed them direct and asked if a 14 and 10 year old was allowed in premier suite and the price . The rate with booking direct with them was the best rate I could find. I totally understand about the pool access with the kids so they can swim right at door and you don't need to be nagged about going swimming.good luck . Sam

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
344 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kata palm resort with kids

Thanks Sam,

So it is ok to have kids in the premier suites- which have direct pool access, is that right? my kids are 7 and 8 and can swim. I am still waiting on a response from them, but can book it on other sites. Can I ask the rate they gave you- we are going July so I would think it would be the same.

Thanks again-

Kylie

btw - the rate I have seen on other sites was 1770 aus$ for 7 nights

Maitland, Australia
Level Contributor
610 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kata palm resort with kids

Hi not sure in Aussie bucks at the moment but $8 ooo THB per night. I would email them so they agree to having the two kids in with you because you would n't want to get there and they say you can't have them in there . I found they gave the best rate anyway.they say kids in the room at your responsibility.. Sam

Culcairn, Australia
Level Contributor
49 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Kata palm resort with kids

Hi Kylie I think you might be better off booking direct so you don't get any nasty suprises at check in like extra charges for beds,breakfast etc...Also they where usually pretty slow to reply to emails.Another tip the premier rooms are at the very back, nice and private but not far from the pool bar,there are 4 or 5 premier rooms the ones at each end are shaded but the ones in the middle cop the full miday sun.Good Luck Di

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
344 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Kata palm resort with kids

Thanks again Di and Sam, really appreciate your time to reply to my question, thank God for trip advisor!!

Cheers Kylie

Maitland, Australia
Level Contributor
610 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Kata palm resort with kids

Hi again I just converted the price and it is about $1740 for 7 days but that includes the extra we needed to pay for the kids breakfast as well as the extra because my son is classified as adult now.therefore I think you would be better to book directly with Kata palm as the quote you got thru websites is about the same but would not include the extra adult or the kids breakfast. Actually now that I think about it I think kids breakfast not extra but my son 's breakfast was because he is adult. I have printed out all correspondence from them via email to have copies of all the details.i actually booked last June but I am pretty sure they took about two days to get back to me. Deposit was half of the total amount owed.i direct depositedoney into their account they sent details then they sent receipt and all details to me ie breakfast for four people,accommodation for four in premier room they even included the kids ages which I liked as I had written confirmation that my 14 and 10 year old where allowed in the room.enjoy your holiday.await my report on my holiday and review of kata palm early June .sam

Get answers to your questions about Kata Beach