We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ska Bar

Which Kata Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Culcairn, Australia
Level Contributor
49 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Ska Bar

Hey Guys does anyone know what time the Ska Bar opens we would love to spend a lazy afternoon there Cheers Di

Phuket, Thailand
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Ska Bar

Hi there

Should be open in the afternoon. I don't know the exact times, but every time I went there in the afternoon it was open.

Besides, the restaurant next door is owned by the same family, so you can be sure you always get a drink and a bite.

If it should be soon, be aware that from the weekend of 7th April, bars must be closed due to elections.

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,257 posts
348 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ska Bar

Just rock up and they will open!

Culcairn, Australia
Level Contributor
49 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ska Bar

Thanks Can't wait 9 weeks and 6 days to go Di

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,084 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ska Bar

69 days..??...Rub it in why doncha Di..??...LOL...While us slaves have to work....

Nevertheless,we'll have our day....!!

Love the Ska bar...!!...Our Friday night ritual was barby at the TUBE on Khokthanod Road/Kata and then off to the Ska after....And then a wonderful ride back to Patong on our scooter later....

London, United...
Level Contributor
232 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ska Bar

Can you tell me a little more about the bars closing for elections -we are there from 23rd April -30 th April. I was hoping to go to the Ska bar on Friday ( are the fire shows still on?), Ka Jok See on Satuday, Mom Tris on Sunday possibly followed by a drink in a bar.

Phuket
Level Contributor
868 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ska Bar

I don't think there are any more elections now lily. And I don't see any Buddah days on the calendar for the time you're here so it should be business as usual :)

London, United...
Level Contributor
232 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ska Bar

Oh thats good news!

Does anyone know if the fire shows are on a Friday and what time they start?

I was thinking of going to Bella Vista for dinner 6.30? and then to the Ska bar? is it walkable or could we order a tuktuk/taxi? Is there transport easily available when we want to leave Ska bar?

Phuket
Level Contributor
868 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ska Bar

You definitely don't need a taxi to get from Bella Vista to Ska bar: the restaurant is almost on top of the bar! Just walk down the hill to the beach and you can't miss it!

It can be hard to find taxis around Kata late at night. If you're planning on staying until the wee hours, then pre-booking a driver would be a good idea.

Wollongong...
Level Contributor
2,118 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ska Bar

The fire show was on after 10pm on Fridays when I was there in December. Look for them on Facebook.

Edited: 10 April 2012, 23:30
10. Re: Ska Bar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 02:16