We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kata Beach Resort & Spa

Which Kata Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
HEREFORD
Level Contributor
16 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Kata Beach Resort & Spa

Hello has any body recently visted the above ? I have just read the most awful reviews ! we are going in july/ august please please put my mind at rest I am so worried..

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,864 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Kata Beach Resort & Spa

Many reviews (including this month) from TA members:

tripadvisor.in/Hotel_Review-g1210687-d108829…

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kata Beach Resort & Spa

Don't worry, there are a lot of positive reviews as well, remember what one person loves another hates so go and enjoy yourself 'm sure you'll enjoy Phuket.

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
78 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kata Beach Resort & Spa

Hi

Just got back three weeks ago.

Spent two wonderful weeks here and loved everything about it.

I have read those reviews as well and my experience was so different.

Go there have a ball and don't sweat the small things

Hobart, Australia
Destination Expert
for Vanuatu
Level Contributor
3,557 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kata Beach Resort & Spa

We are staying here now and think it is great. It's not five star but I never expected that. Good 4 star. Friendly staff, fantastic location and easy to eat out with lots of restaurants. My only complaint is no free wifi or Internet. We would definitely stay here again

Regards

Suzi

HEREFORD
Level Contributor
16 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kata Beach Resort & Spa

Thanks, we have been beside ourselves with worry

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kata Beach Resort & Spa

We have stayed at Kata Beach Resort twice and are going back again in Sept, we love it, the kids love it and I wouldn't stay anywhere else. You are right on the beach and walk out the back you are at the shops and restaurants. Rest assured you will be happy

Queensland
Level Contributor
1,872 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kata Beach Resort & Spa

We haven't stayed there but walked past quite a few times when we were in Kata and it looks lovely and as others have said, it is right on the beach (and a beautiful beach at that!) so I wouldn't worry. You will always get people who aren't satisfied with their accomodation. We always look and if the majority are positive then go for it!

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,864 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Kata Beach Resort & Spa

Used to be a regular there and loved it except for the wifi issue, which in the 21st century is a major failing - their rates are (or used to be) astronomical. Otherwise its the perfect location, attentive staff, fairly comfortable.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Kata Beach Resort & Spa

we have just had 2 weeks there, it was brilliant.....comfy rooms, breakfast really good, great pools, beautiful beach, perfec location....DON"T WORRY

New York State
Level Contributor
9 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Kata Beach Resort & Spa

We stayed for a week over Christmas in 2006. We loved absolutely everything about the hotel, and it is one of our favorites in the world! Perfect location and all the right amenities: ocean front with a very long beach lining a cove/bay - relatively calm and great for swimming and snorkeling; on the beach are massages, pedicures, watersports (jets skis, parasailing, etc....), excursions, long boats, restaurants, and an excellent reggae bar at the far end (it's really cool to sit under a tree in its roots and chill out to the sunset); out the front of the hotel are a few bars and restaurants (had my laundry done at the bar for $3 and had the most incredible risotto at the Italian restaurant right across the street). Tuk tuks are always waiting out front. And the hotel itself was excellent: beautiful open air lobby and dining area (most incredible picture I ever took was of the honey comb melting in the morning sunlight and drizzling into the silver bowl); breakfast was excellent and made to order; room service was incredibly reasonable, fast, and very good; our room was nicely decorated in basic Thai decor; the pool was huge, clean, and offered a swim up bar; and the service was impeccable. They also have a concierge/travel desk that offers excellent excursions at reasonable prices and pick up at the hotel (I highly recommend doing the James Bond island trip and the Phi Phi island trip). After seeing all of Phuket, I really believe Kata offers the best location, and the Kata Beach Resort is one of the best finds. Enjoy!!! p.s. though there is no internet or wi-fi, there is a very cheap internet cafe around the corner - and super clean - you have to take your shoes off to enter!)