We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Heights, Kata Beach

Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
262 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
The Heights, Kata Beach

Has anyone rented one of these apartments please? They look lovely but obviously are right up on the hill. Is it a long way down to the beach and can you get a tuk tuk or similar back - or is there parking for a rental car down at the beaches? And what is behind or near these apartments? Just grateful for any info. Many thanks

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach, Karon
Level Contributor
4,002 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Heights, Kata Beach

The Heights is located on Koktanod Road close to Mom Tris Villa Royale on the hill between Kata and Kata Noi beaches. The walk to Kata Beach is about 15 minutes and there is a tuk tuk and taxi rank located at the foot of the hill in Kata.

We have customers who stay there every year and they rave about this establishment.

Hope this helps you.

Edited: 22 June 2012, 10:24
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
794 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Heights, Kata Beach

I thought The Heights was on Kata - Sai Yuan Rd on the way to Kata Viewpoint.

600m ( 6 Mins walk) from the beach but a steep walk on the return journey.

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach, Karon
Level Contributor
4,002 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Heights, Kata Beach

Apologies Susie, you are so right Unclehollywood. I got mixed up with Kata Gardens!!! Oooops, not good :-)

On checking some websites - they say their address is 251 Koktanod road (our shop is 241 Koktanod road) and another website says it is located on Kata Noi road. Kata Noi road used to be Koktanod road. Our old street address was 2/15 Kata Noi road.

All very confusing as their own website does not seem to list an exact street address.

Edited: 23 June 2012, 10:04
Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach
Level Contributor
5,734 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Heights, Kata Beach

It is just up the road direction Nai Harn. If I recall correctly there was somebody complaining here about confusing prices, no explanations, etc. Maybe a quick search here can help you out.

Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The Heights, Kata Beach

Easy walk to the beach but a steep hill on the way up. Down hill to the beach and town probably 5-10 min. They are private condos that are in a rental pool.

Gorgeous from what i heard and not isolated though.

Google earth and street view

Edited: 23 June 2012, 11:58
Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
262 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The Heights, Kata Beach

Thanks for the info. They do look nice and quiet which is what we want - but dont seem to have any facilities like loungers round the pool or bar etc, so I presume private residential apartments, some of which are rented out?

I had looked at apartments at Mom Tri's Villa Royal, or the Aspasia - anyone know anything of these or others that I could look at as well? Grateful for any help.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The Heights, Kata Beach

Hi

we are a couple and we would like to rent an apartment in the heights for 3 months starting in October but for a reasonable price, can you please let me know if you have any contact

I already stayed in the heights and is a really nice complex

cheers

Sydney
Level Contributor
5 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: The Heights, Kata Beach

Hi,

Contact Arjan at Kata Gardens he looks after management of a number of apartments at both Kata Gardens and The Heights.

There is parking for cars down at the beach.When coming through Kata do a left at the Best Pizza in Town sign and then again at the next street which has the Kata Beach Resort on the corner. There is parking on the street, in parking areas and along the beach in front of the Club MEd.

Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: The Heights, Kata Beach

sometimes Kok Tanode is called Kata - Sai Yuan names are interchangeable.

10. Re: The Heights, Kata Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2013, 02:18
Get answers to your questions about Kata Beach