We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Karon in 4 weeks time

Western Australia
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Topic
Karon in 4 weeks time

We will be staying in Karon Beach for 12 nights in May and would love recommendations for fantastic local restaurants, must see things, best shops etc etc. Also a nice Beauty Salon would be great.

Hope to get heaps of suggestions........

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
750 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Karon in 4 weeks time

Hi Glen,

Lucky you! We will be in Karon in August. Where are you staying? The road near the Old Phuket Hotel opposite the beach has some nice restaurants in it. We loved Ging. There's also a couple of massage/nail etc places on that road which were good. Just off the main street (Patak Rd), past the big roundabout is a little laneway with restaurants and shops. Two Chefs is down there and its good too. The temple markets are on Tuesdays and Saturdays at night. (or is it Sundays? you might have to check that!) and thats along Patak Rd going away from the beach. You can't miss the temple gate entrance. The beach market on the main street along the beachfront can be expensive and they don't like to bargain much. The prices were much better at the Phuket Town Night Markets (Saturday & Sunday), or even in Patong at Otop and Jungceylon.

Have a brilliant time!!!

Queensland...
Level Contributor
725 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Karon in 4 weeks time

Hi

We are going back to Karon for our fourth time in June. Have to agree with Julie - I, too, love Ging (everything from their takeaway pizza to the lobster is terrific). We also think Bai Toey which is in the same 'street' as Ging is fantastic - the food and service couldn't be faulted. There is also a lovely little restuarant near Karon Circle, 'restaurant with no name' it is situated next to the Bamboo pharmacy the food here is terrific and very well priced.

Healthy Massage 4 are very good - they are next to the Karon Markets on the beach road. The little drink place next door (which we call MaMas) is terrific for people watching, fresh juices, icy cold changs, etc always served with a smile.

If you are out and about - After Beach Bar (which is a restaurant) has a fantastic view (spectacular at sunset) and lovely food at good prices. Small View Restaurant, next door, is also good.

Enjoy :)

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
61 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Karon in 4 weeks time

I'll be in Karon end of April for 4 weeks. This is my 4th time. There are many very good restaurants in the Karon/Kata area. Two Chefs are very good but many more around. Half the fun is trying different ones. What one person recomends another may not like. You will not starve.

Some of the best restaurants are the ones that may not look good.

Enjoy your visit

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
148 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Karon in 4 weeks time

Thanks for the 3 replies - I've noted the recommendations but as you say sometimes you stumble across a great place. We are actually staying at the Old Phuket Hotel with a great deal and have added on a few nights in Cape Panwa, another two near Andarman Beach and the lasThanks again for the replies and if you think of anything else to recommend send me an e-mail. Happy travels to everyone.........

Queensland...
Level Contributor
725 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Karon in 4 weeks time

Benge - I hope you enjoy the Old Phuket as much as we do. We are staying in Rawai for 6 nights this time but I made sure I got three nights in at my favourite hotel. This hotel is the best I've ever stayed in - taking in quality, service and price. Our son is staying there in May - his first ever trip to Phuket and also got a great deal here.

Happy for you to pm us if you have any specific questions,

Most of all enjoy.... and safe travels

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
148 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Karon in 4 weeks time

Thanks for your reply. We are really looking forward to our stay at the Old Phuket Hotel. Hope you enjoy Rawai - we house-sat in Phuket years ago and used to eat at the Friendship Beach Hotel - down a track off the main road and right on the beachfront. Nice food when we were there and reasonalbly priced too. Also there was a lovely outdoor restaurant near the pier close by - can't remember the name though but the food was middle price and fabulous with a waterfront view.

7. Re: Karon in 4 weeks time

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 April 2014, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Kata Beach