We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Surf House - anyone been with kids?

Which Kata Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Victoria, Australia
Level Contributor
789 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Surf House - anyone been with kids?

Hi guys! Just wondering if anyone has been with kids to the new Surf House in Kata??

We are thinking of taking our kids there and wondered if there is a better day of the week that is more suited to families?

Our kids will be ranging in age from 8 to 14.....

Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Surf House - anyone been with kids?

Hi my friend took her kids there and they are 6 and 10 and they had a great time. I think there are always young kids there. I have been a few times just for drinks and it is great to sit up on the terrace and watch the riders.

http://www.surfhousephuket.com/

Friday night from 9-11pm girls ride free.

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach, Karon
Level Contributor
3,949 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Surf House - anyone been with kids?

Becstar your kids will love it there any day of the week. Night times as well. It is a great concept and both children and adults enjoy it there.

Have fun!

nsw
Level Contributor
478 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Surf House - anyone been with kids?

Thanks for asking Bec......

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
169 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Surf House - anyone been with kids?

Your kids will love it at Surf House.

There is a fantastic atmosphere with everyone having fun. The staff are very friendly and welcoming.

The ground floor viewing area in front of the Flowrider is always busy and there is a lovely first floor level with relaxing chairs overlooking the Flowrider plus dining tables for eating.

When I was there (a number of times), I saw a couple of kids 6 and 7 years old having a great time trying out the surf.

I've posted a TripAdvisor review and some photos from my experiences there. I've not been there with kids but have always seen other people's kids there having fun.

Tia :)

Brisbane
Level Contributor
58 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Surf House - anyone been with kids?

Hey Bec,

Just returned from Kata and we spent lots of time at the Surf House. What we really commented on was how fantastic the Surf coaches are WITH the kids ..... They were brilliant with them.

There is a height restriction , a pic of it is on their website, 150 cms was the minimum height I think.

They are gonna love it !!!

6. Re: Surf House - anyone been with kids?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 May 2014, 07:17
Get answers to your questions about Kata Beach