We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cost of Taxi from Phuket Airport to Kata Beach

Which Kata Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Cost of Taxi from Phuket Airport to Kata Beach

Hi

Could anyone advise of the approx cost of Taxi from Phuket Airport to Kata Beach please, thanks.

67 replies to this topic
Gold Coast
Level Contributor
5,608 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cost of Taxi from Phuket Airport to Kata Beach

I understand the new price is 750 baht.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cost of Taxi from Phuket Airport to Kata Beach

Thanks for that, cheers

Brisbane
Level Contributor
58 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cost of Taxi from Phuket Airport to Kata Beach

Hey Jac...

Just returned from Kata.

750 Bt is the fixed price on the board, however , the metered taxis at the airport are charging 700 Bt. No need to barter ...... that's the price they will tell you straight away.

Just walk straight out of the terminal building onto the street pathway, turn right and walk to the end of the building ( 50 metres). You can't miss them.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cost of Taxi from Phuket Airport to Kata Beach

Thanks Gordon, that's a great help, just thought I would check on here one last time as we are flying out on Saturday, cheers

India
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cost of Taxi from Phuket Airport to Kata Beach

Yes Gordon,

We also just returned from Kata a couple of days back.

They charge 700 Bt & it will take around 1h to 1hr 15mins to get to Kata from the airport.

Reliable & very convenient.

Singapore, Singapore
12 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Cost of Taxi from Phuket Airport to Kata Beach

Hi, do you still have contact for the taxi? I need a taxi from Kata to airport for tomorrow evening. my flight is at 2200hrs. anyone care to share?

Brisbane
Level Contributor
58 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cost of Taxi from Phuket Airport to Kata Beach

Hi 19etc,

OK, I've got 2 solutions for you.

1. Call the restaurant "The Kitchen" , it's on Koktanod Road. That's go down the main road , past the Kata Beach Resort & Spa Hotel on your right and go to the T junction with "Horn Grill" on the left corner. Turn LEFT, up Koktanod Rd, the kitchen (great Thai food there) is 300 metres up that rd on the left hand side.

Phone number 0831824515. The guy who owns the kitchen is an official tourism guide. Speak to him and he can arrange a limo to collect you for your airport trip. We did , and the limo (proper registered company) was very reliable and cost 800 Bt. If you call them and book a table for dinner tonight , he will pick you up from your hotel and take you to the restaurant. Well recommended, we had the best Thai food there during our 2 weeks in Phuket.

2. If that doesn't work out .............. Up Koktanod Rd , before the kitchen restaurant, on the RIGHT hand side is a house , with gates and a sign on the gates says .... Taxi/Limo service and a phone number.

Hope this helps.

Safe Journey.

Gordon.

Nashville, Tennessee
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Cost of Taxi from Phuket Airport to Kata Beach

Hello,

Does anyone know if the cost of the taxi fare increases during holiday season? I arrive in Phuket this Thursday.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Ipswich, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cost of Taxi from Phuket Airport to Kata Beach

thanks gordon will take your advise

M J
Singapore, Singapore
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Cost of Taxi from Phuket Airport to Kata Beach

Hello

I'm arriving in Phuket alone this Monday at 11:30 PM (Midnight). Is it a good idea

to take a taxi to Kata Beach at this hour? Thanks!

Reply to: Cost of Taxi from Phuket Airport to Kata Beach
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted