We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to buy mobile phone Kata area

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
43 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Where to buy mobile phone Kata area

Hi, we have recently arrived in Phuket with 2samsung mobile phones that we thought were unlocked as they were prepaid but now realise they are locked to Optus network back in Oz.....anyway I bought a sim Card before i realising this!!! so now I am looking for options to get a working phone while we are here. Does anyone know where a shop is that I can buy a cheap thai phone to put my SIM card in. I am staying at kata beach resort and don't want to have to travel to Phuket or Patong? Thx

Edited: 06 May 2013, 10:46
Darwin
Level Contributor
2,096 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to buy mobile phone Kata area

When in kata a few weeks ago I asked lots of stall sellers and jotel /restaurant staff where to get a phone and no one knew any place in kata and all said phuket town or patong. Sorry Lou

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach, Karon
Level Contributor
4,001 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to buy mobile phone Kata area

Scott - we have a couple of old phones - 1 Nokia and 1 Samsung. You are welcome to use one while you are here. We are located around the corner from your hotel. Feel welcome to PM me if you need any help.

Chantal.

Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to buy mobile phone Kata area

Hi there

Can we just purchase a prepay card for an old mobile phone, as we have a old phone we were going to bring with us. Just wondering if anyone knows about this. Thank you for your assistance.

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach
Level Contributor
5,678 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to buy mobile phone Kata area

On Katekwan Road is a phone shop, close to the main road. On the main road are also a few phoneshops. All will sell cheap phones, and also some second hand ones if you prefer that.

@ Renee, yes, you can, provided the phone is unlocked.

5. Re: Where to buy mobile phone Kata area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 July 2014, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Kata Beach
Recent Conversations