We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to spend new years eve

Which Kata Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
1,301 posts
117 reviews
Save Topic
where to spend new years eve

hopefully we will be staying at kata beach for the Christmas/newyear period.

where is the best place to celebrate?

will there be fireworks on Kata beach? or catch a tuk tuk into town

Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where to spend new years eve

Kata Beach! South end of the beach. Very lively. And you can see all the fireworks from a few hotels too.

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
1,301 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: where to spend new years eve

thanks. is there much to do at night at Kata? I think we may stay with a tour operator at Andaman Cannacia .

it is a all inclusive package. is the location ok do you think and will it be easy to walk to the bars.

many thanks

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,473 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: where to spend new years eve

All inclusive suck . Get out and sample the food. Lots of restaurants and bars in Kata. My favourite is "Your bar".

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
1,301 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: where to spend new years eve

yes I know they are and we would just be using it as a base as it seems the same price as a flight only and room for some reason.

I would not fly all that way to sit in a all inc hotel, you could be any where.

we are looking at staying at Andaman Cannacia with first choice. For some reason no one on the reviews mention a all inc so it must be the tour company only who provide that.

I would prefer B&B. I can only find their plane (Dreamliner) going direct and the price is not much more for the hotel, works out about £800.

I will keep looking for other options before I buy.

glad to hear there are loads of bars. do you know the hotel "hill" and if its ok?

5. Re: where to spend new years eve

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 May 2014, 06:17