We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wine Hunter

Kewarra Beach...
Level Contributor
97 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Wine Hunter

Anyone out there know a supermarket in Phuket that sells wine? Maybe somewhere near Kata Beach.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Phuket
Level Contributor
2,091 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wine Hunter

Plenty of places in Patong Beach, Ocean Plaza on Beach road near the holiday Inn, and in Bangla Road, Bottle shop in Rat u Thit road southern end Beach side, Delli Supermarket north of Nicky's Handlebar on Rat U Thit Road, Big C Supermarket at Jungceylon Sopping Center and most of the Family Marts (7 to 7 type stores) and many more places in Patong, not sure in Kata but i am sure there would be a few around, price is more an issue as it can be quite expensive.

Cheers, Pete

cairns
Level Contributor
113 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wine Hunter

Thanks. I guess you know Phuket pretty well!!

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach
Level Contributor
5,523 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wine Hunter

In Kata Big 1, a Supermarket on the main road, has a surprisingly good choice. Affordable as well.

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach, Karon
Level Contributor
3,983 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wine Hunter

Also check out the Wine Connection at Kata Night Plaza. The often have specials on. Another option where I buy my wine is from a supermarket located diagonally opposite The Tropical Garden Resort on Koktanod road. Because I am a frequent buyer I get special prices. If you go there ask if they will give a discount if you buy regularly. Worth a try anyway.

The new Bamboo Marts scattered around Kata also sell wine but at exorbitant prices.

"Big fools drink wine and even bigger fools none at all" Wish I could remember who said that :-)

Phuket
Level Contributor
597 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wine Hunter

I think Wine Connection will probably have the best selection . Try the Australian Shiraz '30 Mile' . It's a great drop !

Giles - Offspray Leisure

6. Re: Wine Hunter

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 May 2014, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Kata Beach
Recent Conversations