We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How bad is the walk up and down from Andaman Cannicia??

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,076 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
How bad is the walk up and down from Andaman Cannicia??

Hi, have read that the walk up and back is steep here. Can anyone give any indication of how bad it is?......compared to say Horizon Karon, Pacific Club or Boomerang Village Resort? We have stayed at the three of those so know how bad or not that they are. It is only for 2 nights, so not long, but just wanted a heads up of how steep it is and for how long.....i.e. is it a long steep walk, or just small section that is very steep like Boomerang?

Thanks!

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach
Level Contributor
5,531 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How bad is the walk up and down from Andaman Cannicia??

It is steeper than the walk to Boomerang, and a bit longer steep as well.

On top of that also inside the hotel are more climbs.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,076 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How bad is the walk up and down from Andaman Cannicia??

god, steeper and longer than boomerang, that must be one great section!

Think I might use their transport in that case. The only reason I booked it as I got such a great rate....it was pretty much a steal at AUD$51 a night incl breakfast for 2 (it was actually a mistake they made on a booking site for one of their Honeymoon suites but they are standing by the booking luckily)

Apparently there is confusion with their shuttle of where they drop and where they pick up from and when, as it is different areas at different parts of the day. Can anyone clarify this?

Level Contributor
17 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How bad is the walk up and down from Andaman Cannicia??

It's steep but you can walk from bottom to top in about two or three minutes. It's not far

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,076 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How bad is the walk up and down from Andaman Cannicia??

ok thanks. Luckily it is only for 1 full day and night really we have to worry about as the first night we get in late and I can get my data sim card at the airport I have just found out! So great.

5. Re: How bad is the walk up and down from Andaman Cannicia??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 August 2014, 07:18
Get answers to your questions about Kata Beach