We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which one?

Busselton, Australia
Level Contributor
692 posts
219 reviews
Save Topic
Which one?

We are a couple of oldies, 60 and 71, looking at Kata Beach but am finding it difficult to find something around our price. We are looking for a smallish hotel or venue for about $80 or less with a pool, tea coffee making facilities, shower and preferably over 25sqm. I have seen that people have not put in enough information in some reports so I have probably gone the other way. I dont want a night life just somewhere we can go and eat at nice restaurants and do a little bit of shopping. I would not say no to a shuttle if we were outside an area. Am I dreaming or is this a possibility? Perhaps I should look in Karon. Any help would be appreciated.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,626 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which one?

Hi Keza, need a bit more info. When are you planning to go and for how long. Month has a big impact on price and often in the quiter times there are stay pay deals so length of stay also impacts on price.

Have you looked at Sugar Palm Kata (not the grand hillside one)

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,384 posts
349 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which one?

Hi

Agree it is difficult when we don't know when you are travelling. Depending on the time of year, you do find a lot of Eastern Europeans in the beachside hotels.

Kata Minta, although the pool is indoors and small. Then the Beach Inn is a lovely little hotel, but no pool.

Do a quotation on sawadee.com for some shortlists.

Busselton, Australia
Level Contributor
692 posts
219 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which one?

Sorry have leave in November and it will be 8 nights I knew I would forget something!!!

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which one?

Sugar Palm Kata is close to everything and the beach , what you get for your money depends on time of year as rates change with season

5. Re: Which one?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2014, 06:22
Get answers to your questions about Kata Beach