We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Palmery Resort....advise on 7/11s etc close by

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
126 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
The Palmery Resort....advise on 7/11s etc close by

Planning on staying here with a group of 20 for hubby's 40th. We are they only ones who have been to Phuket before and the rest are a little nervous do I'd like to know more about the area before hand. Are there 7/11s close by and good restaurants? How far is it from the beach and how much is a tuk tuk/taxi to Patong? TIA

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,093 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Palmery Resort....advise on 7/11s etc close by

Hello crazymum....Palmery is on Khokthanod Road Kata...It is a fair way from the beach,walkable however a tuktuk or taxi would make life a lot easier......

There is a 7/11 towards the beach from your resort.....Diagonally across the road from the 7/11 is a great little restaurant called The Tube....They have 199baht all-u-can-eat barbecues on Friday nights....This is a western style barbecue with fantastic food....

Check it out online at phuketsurf.com...

Palmery is a bit out the way and you're going to be using tuktuks and taxis quite a bit to get around....

Sorry cannot help with tuktuk prices to Patong as I rented and rode scooters everywhere....

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
164 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Palmery Resort....advise on 7/11s etc close by

i stayed in palmery this july. it's a new and nice resort but yes, a little out of the way as its at the far end of kata beach. its about 15min walk to the main road and beach(actually not that far from beach) and their shuttle service only runs every 2 hours. it was difficult to get a tuk tuk there so I always called a driver to pick us. the resort staff was very nice to get its staff to take us to karon beach cos there was no shuttle running at that time and we needed last min shopping before going to the airport. transport to patong costs 400 baht each way. there are convenience stores near the resort.

3. Re: The Palmery Resort....advise on 7/11s etc close by

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 December 2014, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Kata Beach