We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather end of April/ start of May.

Leeds, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Weather end of April/ start of May.

Hi.

I'm coming to Phuket on the 26th of April through to the 4th of May, was just wondering if anyone will have any idea of what the weather would be like... I know its unpredictable but was just wondering if anyone can give a rough idea?

Very much looking forward to coming along and seeing the beautiful place.

Thanks in advance!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,089 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather end of April/ start of May.

A rough idea would be....There will be sun and there is a high chance of rain during the day or night....!!

However,why worry....??....The mind is made up and you're going to Phuket anyway come rain,hail or shine....

I actually love it when it rains in Thailand....!!....I can guarantee it will not be snowing....

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
764 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather end of April/ start of May.

A bit of rain is great. Gives one an opportunity to slip into the nearest restaurant pub etc. for a quick refreshment and a bit of people watching, or maybe a nice massage in one of the many salons around Phuket

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
1,545 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather end of April/ start of May.

We were there last May, bloody hot and hardly any rain. When it did fall it was only for 10-20 minutes then in 1/2 hour it was all dry again. It gives you time to get out of the sun and go for a feed or a drink.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather end of April/ start of May.

Here now, it is hot and clear in the morning, build up during the day, no rain as yet. Really very nice the past few days. I have travelled a lot in Asia this time of year, agree the thunder storms when they come are actually a relief and don't last too long. My 12 year old always jokes when it rains- better get out of the pool or we a going to get wet! There are things to do if it is a full on rainy day, be flexible and it won' t ruin your time.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,487 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather end of April/ start of May.

Hi, you might get a quick thunderstorm late afternoon or in the evening but that's about it so nothing to worry about.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
140 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather end of April/ start of May.

It's really unpredictable at that time of year, sometimes it buckets it down, somtimes blazing sunshine - good luck

Geelong
Level Contributor
425 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather end of April/ start of May.

All of the above!

London, United...
Level Contributor
13,890 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather end of April/ start of May.

It should be very hot and humid with a mix of cloud and sun..

Rain .. who knows. maybe some late afternoon/evening downpours maybe you will see no rain.

9. Re: Weather end of April/ start of May.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 April 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Kata Beach
Recent Conversations