We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Greenhithe Hotel

San Francisco...
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Greenhithe Hotel

It wasn't a mirage! I stayed at a hotel or inn in Greenhithe called the Metraro Hotel. Does anyone know it? Does anyone have an address? It's about a half mile above the Thames.

6 replies to this topic
London, United...
Level Contributor
1,334 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Greenhithe Hotel

As a local person I have a recollection of having seen the Metraro Hotel in the past, but not for several years. From what I can recall it was to the south of the road between Dartford and Gravesend possibly along the original road between Greenhithe and Bean (coincidentally named Bean Road), which still exists but is largely superseded by a new road built to carry traffic to Bluewater which is immediately to the west of that road. By best guess is that it has closed but I can't be absolutely certain. Possibly someone at Dartford Borough Council www.dartford.gov.uk may know. Is there anything else you recall about its location?

Canterbury, United...
Destination Expert
for Canterbury
Level Contributor
3,616 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Greenhithe Hotel

Hi, I'm not very familiar with that end of Kent but going by M_V's information, a Google search brings an address for Metraro Hotel as 33 Bean Road. But using Google Streetview, there is a brand new-looking housing development at 33 Bean Road now called Spinnaker Court. So if this is all correct then it's been demolished. I wonder if the Bean Road bypass caused a drop in trade, leading to its closure?

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,334 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Greenhithe Hotel

I still can't find Metraro Hotel on a Google search. BayBOy may be right but I think the development he refers to looks older than Bluewater and I'm tending more to somewhere a little further north along Bean Road where it is actually known as Cobham Terrace. Smitbet, please could you let us know roughly when you stayed there and have a look at Streetview to see if that jogs your memory. Whatever its actual location, Bean Road being bypassed is almost certainly likely to have caused a drop in trade.

St. Annes-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
1 post
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Greenhithe Hotel

Yes it is correct that the Metraro was at 33 Bean Road Greenhithe. I stayed there for a couple of nights in 2000 on a reminiscence trip to Greenhithe. Coincidentally I was born at 23 Bean Road Greenhithe (then called Cobham Terrace and for 10 years 70s/80s lived in Lorraine Court Bean Road about 2/3 doors down the street from the hotel

Edited: 05 February 2013, 16:03
London, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Greenhithe Hotel

My best friend use to live at the Metraro Hotel. They sold it back in 2005 and the original building was demolished for brand new flats

kent
Destination Expert
for Kent, Solo Travel
Level Contributor
12,499 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Greenhithe Hotel

Roger.... the poster asked their question in 2012. I suspect they no longer need an answer!

Reply to: Greenhithe Hotel
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Greenhithe
Recent Conversations