We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

kite surfing/waterskiing

Which Nai Yang hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Topic
kite surfing/waterskiing

going to indigo pearl in oct. 2011 my 2 kids(17 and 14) keen on kite surfing and water skiing, does anyone know of any place close (ish) to the hotel that does these activities? thanks vicky

Rawai Beach, Phuket
Destination Expert
for Phuket
Level Contributor
886 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: kite surfing/waterskiing

I believe these schools move around to accomodate the monsoon season, to give you the best conditions possible.

Here is a link to one that i see here near Frienship Beach in Rawai certain times of the year. http://www.phuket.com/sports/kite-surfing.htm

Kent
Level Contributor
28 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: kite surfing/waterskiing

Common sense in Phuket says to NEVER hire beach equipment. Take your own. I guess if you avoid beaches with 'organised' boats and Jet Skis where you may come in for some unwarranted attention for not using 'their beach' services, you should be OK.

Not sure about water skiing, if you find a boat that offers this I'd want to have a friend on board it as my spotter and to avoid a beach with any other boats operating.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
4,418 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: kite surfing/waterskiing

Hi, there is a cable park for skiing in Phuket. Not that far from the airport. We just hire a driver and they take us there and wait a couple of hours.

www.phuketcableski.com We had a great time. Went back every couple of days. There was not enough wind for kitesurfing the both times we have been in Phuket.

Cheers

Viv

Nai Yang, Thailand
Level Contributor
180 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: kite surfing/waterskiing

As Mr fiddledude as stated, the activities that you have asked about would be only available on the west caoast ( such as Rawai ) due to the extremely poor surf conditions,at that time of the yeat

Water skiiing does not exist at this end of the island

Kite surfing only in high and the middle of the green season

5. Re: kite surfing/waterskiing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 January 2012, 05:29
Get answers to your questions about Nai Yang