We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nai Yang Beach Restaurants

Sydney, Australia
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Nai Yang Beach Restaurants

Just spent 8 days at the Indigo Pearl in Nai Yang Beach Phuket and had some diverse cullinary experiences.

By far the best of them was at the beach front seafood restaurant Phen's. Having tried 5 of the beach front restaurants this one was clearly the best for service and quality, the lobster, prawn and crab were amazingly fresh and incredibly priced. Definitely the place to eat in Nai Yang.

On the other hand the highly touted Black Ginger restaurant within the Indigo Pearl was a tad disappointing. 5 times the cost of the beach front restaurants I expected it to be top quality, however the experience was poor all round. There staff were very polite but had very poor English which resulted in them messing up our order....twice ( for a resort predominantly frequented by non-thai speakers i was quite surprised at this ). Additionally they didnt have several of the more tantilising items on the menu ( lobster, red snapper ), which is incredible given that all the beach front restaurants and the other restaurants within Indigo Pearl had tanks full of them.

All in all a great trip but Phen's was definitely a highlight.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
399 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nai Yang Beach Restaurants

We too have just returned from 3 wonderful nights at Indigo Pearl. Sadly we didn't eat at Phen's which sounds great but there's always next time.

We ate each night at Linda's on the beach. Linda's daughter is the cook and will cook up mostle anything you want. The fresh seafood displayed out the front on ice is the best to choose from for obvious reasons. We had the best whole BBQed red snapper with a few Tiger beers while sitting metres from the sea with our feet in the sand. Oh so nice.

Beats the cold weather here.....

Edited: 14 May 2011, 03:26
Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,565 posts
349 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nai Yang Beach Restaurants

Agree the beach restaurant offer far better value. Guess weill all have our favorites!

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
575 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nai Yang Beach Restaurants

In November, Phens it is then!

Thanks for recommending :)

Monkey6870

yorkshire
Level Contributor
29 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nai Yang Beach Restaurants

hi

i totaly agree phens and mama mias are far superior 4 beers 2 starters and 2 mains 15 english pounds bargain

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nai Yang Beach Restaurants

Thanks for the report, this will be our first trip with the family, leavin Aust 1 July.

Peter Mc

SINGAPORE
Level Contributor
69 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Nai Yang Beach Restaurants

Hi Rico,

how far is restaurant Phen's from Indigo Pearl? Estinmate how much u spend on your meal on seafood?

Tks

Singapore
Level Contributor
71 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nai Yang Beach Restaurants

Where is Phens? seems unable to locate it under TA forum naiyang restaurant list

Chorley, United...
Level Contributor
113 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Nai Yang Beach Restaurants

Phen's is definitely the place to eat. Our family of 4 ate there for 5 nights and chose something different every night. The food was the best we ate in the whole month travelling around Thailand and Laos. Try the spring rolls and satay...mmm. It's right on the sand with a tiny primitive open air kitchen but they work magic. It's located nearly directly opposite the Nai Yang Beach Resort hotel.

AUSTRALIA
Level Contributor
684 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Nai Yang Beach Restaurants

Phens is good but others around there are good too, it depends on what you want to eat. We found a grass hut another 200 m up the beach one lunch time where the owner went off on his motor bike bought back a fresh red snapper about 1.5kg cooked it for us while we waited. This is not where the tourists eat but where the locals eat, best fish we have had in years, lunch was $14.

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
575 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Nai Yang Beach Restaurants

Tried Phens and loved it! We ate there twice. It was packed the second time we went.

YesYes123, Phens is right on the beach opposite the alley way that leads to Indigo Pearl. I didn't have seafood so I cannot comment on the prices. I had some lovely spring rolls tho, for only 90THB :)

Monkey6870

Get answers to your questions about Nai Yang