We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Organising a driver/guide from indigo pearl

dunadry
Level Contributor
82 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Organising a driver/guide from indigo pearl

Hi,

My wife and I are staying at Indigo Pearl in early December and are thinking of organising a half day tour. I have read various posts which talk about the taxi mafia and wondered if there are any of the recommended tour guides/drivers mentioned in the TA FAQ section who are willing to collect at Indigo Pearl. Or is it just as easy to organise through the hotel or try and pick up a taxi in the resort?

Can anyone recommend drivers/guides?

Thanks,

Steven

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,035 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Organising a driver/guide from indigo pearl

Plenty of drivers are recommended on this forum if you search eg Daj and Manop. I don't know the situation at IP but you may have to organise pick up and drop off a little ways from your hotel to avoid "looks". When staying at certain hotels with drivers in their carpark, we get picked up/dropped off at a nearby restaurant.

We've paid no more than 1000 baht for an all day tour, even when it was a minibus and we were a party of 8. We don't use the TA drivers for touring, we just negotiate with a local, but the price varies. All they did was drive, they weren't tour guides as such; but we knew what we wanted to see.

I've read that IP to Patong return is 1500 baht with drivers in the area. They hang around whilst you do whatever in Patong and take you back. If they work the same way as other areas, you should be able to get a half day, or even full day tour for the same money. Length of time/trip often has little to do with value. We've paid 600 baht return from Patong to Karon, then paid less than that for 5 hours of touring.

Edited: 15 November 2012, 11:35
dunadry
Level Contributor
82 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Organising a driver/guide from indigo pearl

Thanks gocdaworld, really useful info. Will probably just wait and get a driver there as we also have a fair idea of what we want to see and do.

Looking forward to the trip immensely.

Regards

Steven

3. Re: Organising a driver/guide from indigo pearl

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 08:18
Get answers to your questions about Nai Yang
Recent Conversations