We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Young Couple - Which resort?

New York, New York
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Young Couple - Which resort?

We want on the beach, beautiful pool and walking distance to restaurants/shops/street food in town. We do not drink alcohol but love amazing food. Maybe we should look at another beach, such as Kamala or Kata? It's so hard to tell looking at the map! :)

10 replies to this topic
Mandurah, Australia
Level Contributor
651 posts
404 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Young Couple - Which resort?

Suggestions - Mandarava at Karon. Marina Phuket at Karon. Kamala - Sunprime. The Mandarava has a good deal on the Australian travel site Groupon Travel at the moment. Have a look at the reviews for all the above.

Opinion - don't stay in Patong. Good for a visit (quite close to Karon and Kata which are two beaches close to each other), a bit further from Kamala. Kamala is the quietest of these locations.

Another option is to browse both Groupon and Scoopon Travel and see what comes up in Thailand. Australian web sites but anyone can use them. Something at Nai Harn comes up one one of these as well, but Nai Harn is probably abut off the beaten track (end of Rawai) for you.

Enjoy.

London, United...
Level Contributor
630 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Young Couple - Which resort?

I am currently at Access in Karon and love it. All rooms have direct pool access. Lots of bars restaurants etc outside hotel. Nice 15 minute walk to lovely beach. Prices in bars and restaurants very good. Lots of fresh fish and shellfish on display. Great place called Two Chefs great meat. Lots of bars have fab live bands.Lots of fab thai restaurants.

Edited: 08 October 2017, 02:21
London, United...
Level Contributor
630 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Young Couple - Which resort?

..and there is a market twice a week

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Young Couple - Which resort?

Definitely go to Beyond Resort Karon. Adult only Resort and two steps and you're on the beach. Two pools, a swim up pool bar. My suggestion would be either the first or third floor. The first floor gives you Quick access to the pool, while the 3rd floor gives you privacy and an amazing view! Lovely staff, and the only Resort on the beach in Karon. Great little local restaurant across the road (Kalika), and great massage place (refresh massage). Your only choices will be whether to swim in the beach or to swim in the pool. 5 min tuk tuk ride to the market at the temple, 10 min walk to Kata, and 15 min tuk tuk to Patong. And did I mention, no kids screaming and running around! If you book direct, you will get daily breakfast, complimentary massages and discounts if you eat in the restaurant.

Edited: 14 October 2017, 04:14
Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
95 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Young Couple - Which resort?

Novotel Karon is an amazing resort , my and my partner ( both 26 at the time ) had an amazing ten days here. There is great pools , amazing staff who can't do enough for you, pool table , brilliant spa and the area is close to bars and restaurants without being bang in the middle of it.

New York, New York
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Young Couple - Which resort?

Anyone like the Movenpick?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
12 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Young Couple - Which resort?

Yep, loved the Movenpick! The plunge pool villa was awesome

Malacca, Malaysia
Level Contributor
179 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Young Couple - Which resort?

i love marina phuket. its very quiet and romantic too. always feels like you are the only guest. we have booked to stay again during march this year. i have stayed in many many resorts in phuket but this is the best so far

Mandurah, Australia
Level Contributor
651 posts
404 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Young Couple - Which resort?

Another vote for Marina Phuket. On the beach, you just walk down a jungle pathway. Movenpick is nice, but not on the beach - other side of the road, and huge.

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
92 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Young Couple - Which resort?

I second #4's reply - we stayed in the Beyond and loved it. Had a ground floor room overlooking the pool and the sea, direct access to the beach and good snorkelling 20m from the shore. Nice and quiet in the resort (no kids) and buzzy outside, lots of places to go to - shops, bars and restaurants. We were there for a week a couple of years back, would also stay there if visiting this area again one day. I wonder whether the cocktails stall is still there, outside of the resort, with giggly Thai lady. We were regular customers :)

Edited: 23 January 2018, 13:38
Reply to: Young Couple - Which resort?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted