We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Swimming at the beach

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
247 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Swimming at the beach

We are going to the Centara Karon Resort in October, is it safe to swim and are there any sharks around. Also which is the best Elephant ride tour to take.??

Ogden, Utah
Level Contributor
2,279 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Swimming at the beach

He's correct in that Op asked about elephant rides. Don't know what he responded with as was deleted.

Saluda, North...
Level Contributor
241 posts
289 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Swimming at the beach

i responded with info about kok chang elephant safari!

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
40,819 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Swimming at the beach

Sorry for my misreadingt. I saw the heading and missed the reference to the elephant safari. Hence my comment.

Post the link again but would be better as a seperate topic.

Saluda, North...
Level Contributor
241 posts
289 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Swimming at the beach

…wordpress.com/2011/…

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
40,819 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Swimming at the beach

A description would have been nice and avoided further confusion.

Mooloolaba...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
16. Re: Swimming at the beach

JUst returned from Grand Centra Resort Beach has lifeguard.(really good one)Most of Karon beach was red flagged the 2 weeks I was there,heavy swells & rip.Didn,t stop guests from swimming,but be guided by lifeguard.Drowning there while I was our surfing,2 others over past 2 weeks (1 aussie) It was monsoon season,matbe subsided by October. Enjoy the great area.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,864 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: Swimming at the beach

"Didn,t stop guests from swimming" - arrogance and ignorance gets you killed. I have no sympathy for those who deliberately ignore red flags. Their relatives should be forced to pay towards the coast of life-saving. Even better, a life saving tax should be imposed on every beach-goer.

chigwell, essex. uk
Level Contributor
1,299 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Swimming at the beach

Can you swim from the beach in February? I love going in the sea. I was considering staying at the Centara Karon resort, is it far from the beach?

Nowra, Australia
Level Contributor
389 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Swimming at the beach

we have been staying for the last 8 days at the Centara Karon. Great hotel, close to restaurants, bars and about a 5 min walk to the beach and has 3 swimming pools if you dont want to walk to the beach!

We also here in feb, and the beach was fine then for swimming.

Leaving today for Bangkok....

shazz

hk
Level Contributor
19 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Swimming at the beach

The waves are too big. It's because of the monsoon season. Don't risk your life like that. I heard the staff in the hotel said every year there are people die because of the under current.