We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket

uk
Level Contributor
49 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket

Hi, my wife and i are going to the Centra Grand beach Karon in March 2012. Can anyone give me a little info on the area. This will be our first visit to Phuket. How far is the hotel to Karon centre, is it walking distance. We like to walk out to find local restuarants at night. Also what's the hotel like, we have seen many mixed revue's. Also does anyone know if i can get some shirts made whilst i'm there and if so what can i expect to pay for them. Any other advice or help would be greatfully appreciated.

Thanks

Bhubaneswar, India
Level Contributor
47 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket

Phuket is a graet place.and you are staying in a perfect hotel which is in Karon beach.You can't walk from your hotel to Phuket central.Its around 5KM and Taxi will take 300baht to Pataya beach or centre area of phuket.But you will enjoy the hotel.I was staying here for 3 days on last Oct-2011.Its superb properties with graet views.You will find local resturant in karon beach too which is 1 km from your hotel. Right from hotel entrance.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
4,133 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket

We stayed last week. It is a very good hotel with all the bells and whistles so no complaints from us.

You can't really walk anywhere though -Phuket is very hilly and whilst you do see some people doing it it is very cheap and easy ( 300 baht as mentioned) to go into Patong . 200 for the busier part of Karon.

That may seem like an inconvenience but it is also an asset being somewhat isolated in this little cove - a central location with a nice beach, a little quieter than many and also few Touters.

Edited: 22 January 2012, 10:24
Bhubaneswar, India
Level Contributor
47 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket

Sorry I have written Pataya instead of Potang Beach on previous post.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
13 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket

Karon Beach is just great, it does not have the hustle and bustle of Patong, beauty of it is that you can go into Patong then come home to Karon for a quiet dinner and stroll back to your hotel in comfort, don't forget to save a bit of room after dinner for a Banana fritter from the guy on the corner, you won't miss him.

DONT go for a SWIM at this beach it's very dangerous.

I have not stayed at your intended hotel but did stay at Centara Karon and although great location i found some of the staff quite rude in particular the manager and i am very easy to get along with.

Shirts will cost anywhere between 300 and 800, but may i suggest if you want the best quality at the best price send me an email and i will point you in the right direction, a lot of Tailor shops are not what they seem.

It's a fair walk into Karon main area but it is nice

uk
Level Contributor
49 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket

Thanks to all of you for the tips, can't wait to go now. Just 7 more weeks to wait !

Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket

Found this very helpful as we will be there at the same time.

nelson, new zealand
Level Contributor
65 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket

There is a great beachshack restaurant 2 mins walk from hotel called Daengs restaurant. It's a 15 minute stroll along the beach to Karon circle for shopping and restaurants. Centara Grand provide a daily shuttle to Patong, enquire at reception. Ahh my son lives in his Element tshirts we bought there in July, wish I bought more as they are $50 here.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
166 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket

Great to know about the shuttle staying in June there after staying at Movenpick last November.We walked down the beach to have a look at this hotel and it looked great but now am a little worried its not that central to main Karon.Oh well l suppose we will get fit walking in and out of town. At least l will walk off the late night pancakes..HHM can't wait to get back

9. Re: Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 February 2013, 10:20