We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dewa Karon Resort, Karon Beach, Phuket

Newcastle
2 posts
Save Topic
Dewa Karon Resort, Karon Beach, Phuket

I am thinking of booking Dewa Karon Hotel (on 'stunning hillside' facing beach'). How far and how difficult is the WALK to and from the beach/restaurants from this location. Any comments on the standard of the hotel.

Marilyn, Australia

Coolangatta...
Level Contributor
1,950 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Dewa Karon Resort, Karon Beach, Phuket

The resort seems a bit coy about it's location but looking at the pics on their website I'd say it is located just below Pacific Club Resort. Check out Pacific Club's website for location:

www.pacific-club-phuket.com/location.htm

There is a small hill to climb to reach the resort but it is very doable. Most of your 10 minute walk into town will be flat.

Rawai Beach, Phuket
Destination Expert
for Phuket
Level Contributor
895 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dewa Karon Resort, Karon Beach, Phuket

Yes, it's just below Pacific Club.

Depends how fit you are, how much you like walking and how much you like hills.

It's not that far to me.

To you could be different.

Maybe look at reviews of Pacific Club and take it from there.

It would be about 2 minutes shorter.

Penrith, Australia
Level Contributor
209 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dewa Karon Resort, Karon Beach, Phuket

We stayed at Pacific Club in April. Dewa is next door. It's a 10-15 minute max stroll to the beach and 10mins into Karon.

The walk back is up a hill, however, it's the last 30-40metres that are steep. It didn't bother me at all and I am not the worlds fitest individual!

You couldn't beat Pacific Club on what you got for the money. I'm not sure what Dewa charge. For us the it was worth the walk to save the money on accommodation. More spending money!

Newcastle
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Dewa Karon Resort, Karon Beach, Phuket

Thanks for your info and feedback. Have made the booking. Happy with 10-15 min walk to beach/restaurants

can cope with that, even the last 50 metres uphill is OK.

Thanks

Marilyn.

5. Re: Dewa Karon Resort, Karon Beach, Phuket

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2013, 07:15