We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

toilets in patong

nottingham
Level Contributor
144 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
toilets in patong

please can someone tell me if it is true that there are few if no toilets in and around patong, karon, area. a friend of mine tells me that only sertain bars have toilets in them and they are only allowed to be used for peeing and that they have no toilet paper in them either, and also that bars/resturants charge to use there convieneces if you are not eating or drinking there and are there any public toilets in these areas, the reason i ask is that i am going over in november staying in karon and will have 3 young children with me, and we all no what there like wanting to go every 5 mins.

thankyou to everyone that responds

clive

Mornington
Level Contributor
53 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: toilets in patong

Hi we were in Patong last year and there are toilets at junceylon shopping centre but the toilet paper is in a roll near the was basin not actually in the toilets. The toilets at the zoo don't have paper. I took plenty of wet wipes and tissues everywhere with me that way I knew I wasn't going to get caught. At the night market in Phuket town you pay to go to the toilet and they ask you if you need paper which cost a few baht (not the much but can't remember the exact amount). There is also a Mac Donalds on beach rd in Patong that has toilets from memory I think the toilets are upstairs. Hope you have a great holiday we are heading back to Phuket on the 4th June cannot wait!!!

Queensland...
Level Contributor
3,021 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: toilets in patong

If they need to go and you are near any resort, just pop in , the Thai's will not mind. I do it all the time. CJ

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Level Contributor
2,144 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: toilets in patong

Always carry paper with you as very few toilets have paper. Some places will charge a small entry fee which also includes some paper. Something you just get used to when travelling throughout Thailand.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,463 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: toilets in patong

Molly Malones has good toiles but as CJ says you can drop into just about any hotel and use theirs.

New Milton, United...
Level Contributor
4,416 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: toilets in patong

the toilets have a hose with a valve on the end to squirt water to clean yourself- as in most asian countrys, asians consider it discusting to wipe your bum with paper, also sitting on a seat is a no-no to them

when you think about it theyre right

Edited: 18 May 2012, 05:20
London
Level Contributor
461 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: toilets in patong

Yes the bum guns are much more hygenic. Just use a couple of sheets of paper to dry off after.

Australia
Level Contributor
173 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: toilets in patong

Cafe 101 in Junceloyn has a really nice toilet......one of the cleanest I have been in.....

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
198 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: toilets in patong

The restaurants we went to in Karon had toilets. Not like western toilets but still got the job done. My kids just had to suck it up or hold on till we got back to the resort. Good Luck

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,463 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: toilets in patong

Just watch out with the bum gun if the hose that leads to the bum gun is exposed to sunlight. It can result in a very hot experience in the nether regions Just do a temperature test first to be sure.

Southport, Australia
Level Contributor
1,439 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: toilets in patong

This is my favorite topics wherever I am in the world including Patong, I only believe in 5 star restroom stops. Patong is full of wonderful hotels and its easy to walk in, look like you know where you are going (even if you don't) its not long until you see the signs to the loos. Don't make eye contact with any staff member because a guilty look gives you away. Soft music and scented soap are a must.

One way around this I have found is to go to "happy hour" in a hotel then you know for sure where everything is situated for the next day and the rest our your holiday. Once you have tackled one hotel the rest is easy peasy and you can form your own "bog" rating. The Holiday Inn has very good restrooms for starters.

Get answers to your questions about Karon
Recent Conversations