We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

night markets in karon

Which Karon hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
uk
Level Contributor
65 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
night markets in karon

will be staying in karon over xmas,i want to go shoping mad ,so where is the best night market,is phuket town the best,iam after fakes handbags tops ect ect ,

Wollongong...
Level Contributor
2,118 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: night markets in karon

There is markets everywhere , in Karon I know on Tuesday nights there is market in a temple grounds . I like to visit Phuket town weekend market stuff is so cheap and it has a great feel. Or in Patong the OTop market is great.

uk
Level Contributor
65 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: night markets in karon

cool .how much would it cost to get fron karon to the night market in phuket townx

Jaipur, Rajasthan...
Level Contributor
142 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: night markets in karon

If u want cheap option there is Blue baht bus which will cost u 30 THB only.

You can catch it basically anywhere along the beach road in Karon just by flagging it down. and if u take tuk tuk it will cost u around 200 to 250 THB, if driver not aware of phuket town night market then go to Central its just 1.2 km from walk from central , market is huge no need of major bargain as clothes already at very low prices and i loved shopping there better then bangkok

England
Level Contributor
1,546 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: night markets in karon

If your going to Bangkok also its best to get your bags there as I find much better quality and cheaper, I always find Silom Village the best place to shop for bags.

Phuket
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
3,626 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: night markets in karon

Karon Temple markets are on Tuesday and Saturday evenings. There is a permanent market on the Beach Road as well.

uk
Level Contributor
65 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: night markets in karon

thanks people cant wait to go shoping ,is it ok to take kids round xx

Melb, Australia
Level Contributor
88 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: night markets in karon

I went to the Karon temple market last Tuesday in the late afternoon. It was great!!! Most things were cheaper than what I could haggle for on beach road. I was lucky and found someone selling designer purses ( fake of course but pretty good quality) for only 100 baht!!!!! I bought 3 but am considering going back. Lol

Jassy

Gateshead, England
Level Contributor
426 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: night markets in karon

Are the pices fixed at the temple market or are you still expected to haggle the price down

Greeneville...
Level Contributor
17 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: night markets in karon

Be careful of using word 'fake' as TA might pull off post. : )

Tuesday/Sunday night markets have best prices in general on t-shirts, sandals, scarves, jewelry (esp T&CO!) and silk. Beach plaza has higher prices in general but open all the time.

That said, there are some pretty good 'inspired' handbags in Karon at the shopping plaza on the beach, but be sure you know what you want and what you are willing to pay BEFORE you go in. They are clever salesmen! They will bargain better if you are informed. If they ask, tell them you've been in Phuket for longer than you have been... new people get quoted higher prices!

Personally, I was not impressed with the quality in Karon but was in Bangkok. If you want to private msg me, I'll give you some tips on what to look for if you know what brand you want. I've been 'inspired' shopping in Asia for many years now!

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
91 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: night markets in karon

Ya please don't use the word fake. Just say cheapskate branded bags.