We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants in Karon

Vientiane, Laos
Level Contributor
107 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants in Karon

My family will shortly be returning to Phuket for a holiday after having lived there 6 years ago. We are staying at the Pacific Club. Obviously things have changed considerably in the last 6 years. I have some questions and apologise as some of these are already answered, but do not specifically relate to my circumstances. We have 2 kids, 2 and 4 as well as my Lao Mum and Dad and my western husband.

Is there a restaurant on the beach or with water views that serves good seafood in Karon? Can you bring your own wines?

Has anyone been to the Swiss Delight restaurant? There is a restaurant of the same name in Chalong. Has anyone eaten there?

Thank you in advance for any replies.

Healesville...
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants in Karon

We have stayed in Karon twice now, and have really enjoyed eating at Karlssons Steak House in Soi The Old Phuket Hotel. The waitresses there are lovely, and the food is delicious. It doesn't have water views, but there is an outside area you can sit at which is lovely.

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach, Karon
Level Contributor
4,000 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants in Karon

Yes, Karlssons is a great restaurant for steaks, so is the Two Chefs (they have branches in Kata and Karon). Kata Villa located opposite the southern end of Karon beach offers great food at excellent value for money.

For a restaurant directly on the beach check out the Ruam Thep Inn located next to the Karon beach resort. They do a fantastic sizzling prawn platter and I enjoy their shrimp cocktails. Also great for Pad Thais.

3. Re: Restaurants in Karon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 10:16
Get answers to your questions about Karon
Recent Conversations