We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

advice on whether to stay in Patong or Krabi

Subang Jaya...
4 posts
Save Topic
advice on whether to stay in Patong or Krabi

Hi guys!

Need some advice and suggestions here. My husband and i are planning to go to Krabi island which based on my research and comments from most of my friends, the island was magnificently beautiful. However, some of them said that, we should stay in Patong, since the night life are much more happening than in Krabi. How far is Krabi from Patong's nightlife area?

So, which one do you guys suggesting?

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
26,116 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: advice on whether to stay in Patong or Krabi

Krabi is not an island, it is a province in Thailand so I'm not sure where you think you are going but it's not Krabi Island!

Krabi Province and particularly the main beach area of Ao Nang is about 3 hours by road from Patong.

If you want lots of tourist nightlife with lots of bars, restaurants, shops and a lot of people head to Patong. If you want something more laid back then head to Ao Nang.

Subang Jaya...
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: advice on whether to stay in Patong or Krabi

are you sure it is not an island? if u googled krabi island, u will see a lot of pics with beautiful islands. that where is that?

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
26,116 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: advice on whether to stay in Patong or Krabi

With all due respect I know for certain there is no Krabi Island - the pictures you are being shown are in the areas around Krabi Province. There are lots of different islands, but none are called Krabi Island. Ao Nang is the main beach area in Krabi, other islands are Phi Phi, Chicken Island and various others. Koh Lanta is south of Krabi Town (which is the main administration town for Krabi Province). You will need to do some more research.

South Australia...
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Ko Lanta
Level Contributor
8,944 posts
425 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: advice on whether to stay in Patong or Krabi

Krabi is definately not an island, it is on the mainland, all the beautiful pictures you are seeing when you google are part of Krabi Province. You can do day trips to see these sort of places or choose somewhere to stay there like Phi Phi.

You can also see beautiful places like that in Phang Nga bay which is also available as a day trip from Phuket.

Cathy

Subang Jaya...
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: advice on whether to stay in Patong or Krabi

okay.Thaks guys

Subang Jaya...
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: advice on whether to stay in Patong or Krabi

if i would choose to stay in phi phi, do you guys have any ideas on which resorts or hotels to stay as well as where to go during the night or places to visit. Thanks

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,274 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: advice on whether to stay in Patong or Krabi

They are many resorts/ hotels that you can choose at Tonsai beach

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
26,116 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: advice on whether to stay in Patong or Krabi

Phi Phi is pretty expensive too.

9. Re: advice on whether to stay in Patong or Krabi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 23:15