We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buying water in centra villas karon

Wakefield, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
141 reviews
Save Topic
Buying water in centra villas karon

Thinking of booking centara villas karon.. Please does anyone know if bottled water is overpriced here. We understand there will be cheaper places to buy it, just wondered how the price of it compares from elsewhere as don't want to be having to buy it whilst out and about but don't want to find price at hotel extortionate either. Thanks.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,037 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buying water in centra villas karon

Wow, that's a new one, deciding whether to stay somewhere based on the cost of a bottle of water...

To answer your question, I have no idea what a bottle of water costs from a Hotel as I've never had the occassion to buy one. For sure, it will be dearer than outside the Hotel, but it's not going to break the bank. I'm guessing around 50-60 baht for a local brew ? So, at quadruple the cost, relatively extortionate. Be careful you don't have a Perrier or similar. That could be around 300 baht.

You can buy a couple of 4 litre (1 gallon) water bottles and leave them in your room, and top up your small bottles. Or get a slab of smaller bottles. The Hotel won't mind.

You get 2 small bottles for free every day, wherever you stay.

Edited: 06 January 2013, 14:43
Wakefield, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buying water in centra villas karon

I realise I can buy water outside and we were asking the question mainly for several reasons, there are no shops near by, it is not all inc, I don't believe any water is inc foc , it does not state such on any hotel media and the last hotel we stayed in it was just short of £ 4 a litre. At £1 a bottle I would be happy. Many thanks

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1,367 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Buying water in centra villas karon

Maybe contact the hotel?

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
508 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Buying water in centra villas karon

Hello

If its that isloated, i would think they would have a free shuttle into karon and back, I would just buy some water and take back on the shuttle with you to your room, i am sure that they will supply some free water as i have never stayed anywhere that has not given free bottled water,but im sure there are some places that dont. I am not sure what you will pay for the water, but im sure it wont be 4 pounds, if it is i would be staying somewhere else lol.

Cheers Andrew

Edited: 07 January 2013, 05:56
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
421 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Buying water in centra villas karon

Head in to Jungceylon and shop at big c. That way you can buy it by the carton.

Or any mini mart, 7/11. Between 7 and 10 baht if my memory serves me right.

Nellie

Asia
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Buying water in centra villas karon

It is not isolated but righ there is no shop as far as I know immediately available, but water is available in Karon so easily everywhere, 1 liter is around B 10 range so it is relatively cheap.

I don't think I have ever stayed any hotel in Thailand in 25 years that does 'not' have water in the fridge daily, but probably 2 bottles, simply but a few more from 7-11 or other shops when you go out, easy.

Mentioned in this post
7. Re: Buying water in centra villas karon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 January 2014, 05:19