We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

lanterns and fireworks

uk
Level Contributor
65 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
lanterns and fireworks

did you know that you can not let them off in karon and if a police man see you on the beach you will end paying a lot off money for doing it or time in a nice thai jail house ,yes the nice man or woman on beach will tell you its fine and then you see the police so dont do it

sydney
Level Contributor
64 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: lanterns and fireworks

Who told you this? I saw the police walking the beat and people letting lanterns go in front of them.

Australia
Level Contributor
66 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: lanterns and fireworks

There were certainly plenty of both lanterns and fireworks happening on the beach at Karon when we were there last month.

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach, Karon
Level Contributor
4,002 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: lanterns and fireworks

I dont know about the lanterns although I have heard that they are trying to curb tourists from setting off fireworks as the hotels have been complaining about the noise every night. This season there has definitely been a less amount of fireworks set off on Kata beach in comparison to the last few years.

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
750 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: lanterns and fireworks

I was there in September last year and they let fireworks off on the beach every night. Didn't see any police arresting people!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
883 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: lanterns and fireworks

We arrived home from Karon just this morning, and fire works and lanterns were all over the place every night this week.

Not as many fireworks or lanterns as in Ao Nang though.....

6. Re: lanterns and fireworks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 January 2014, 06:16