We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

centra karon

wales
Level Contributor
74 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
centra karon

Am staying here in august and can't decide whether or not to upgrade our room , we are in the terraces and would only go to next one up. Does anyone know what the t

Rooms are like and is an upgrade WO

With it. Also is it common practice to take your own wine in to restaurants?

Thanks

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach, Karon
Level Contributor
4,020 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: centra karon

Hi

Unfortunately I cannot help you with the hotel rooms. perhaps someone else can?

Otherwise with regards to wine I take my bottle with me most times we dine out and the smaller less expensive restaurants are not usually bothered with charging corkage. I always ask first though.

The more upmarket restaurants tend to charge a corkage fee as they usually do have a good range of wine offered on their menus. In this case I sometimes get treated to a good bottle and can order off the menu. It can be very expensive though.

Manchester...
Level Contributor
2 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: centra karon

we have just got back from the centra in karon an we stayed in the terraces.The room was ok when we got there late at night,apart from the bed which was like rock(poss just me that likes a soft comfy bed.next day we noticed the shower had mould in the grouting and quite alot too.When we got back to the room early afternoon we wanted to sit out on the balcony but the view was not very nice as it looked on a row of shop fronts that looked deralict so we decided that the room wasnt what we had paid (over £100/night)and we expected more as we were there for over a week.Dont get me wrong the gardens and pool are fantastic.We asked to change rooms so as not to be looking out on the dissapointing view.They moved us the next day to the lagoon pool.The rooms are certainly not 4 star as you would expect in UK.but the grounds and pools make up for the rooms.The girls on reception are so nice and cant do enough.

Queensland
Level Contributor
95 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: centra karon

We love Centara Karon have stayed there 4times, it is central to things and the grounds r lovely and staff are really helpful and friendly. Have stayed for a night in the Lagoon rooms and they r good if u have kids with u IMO, but must say we always now upgrade to the private cabanas once we get there because of the position of them and the things on offer in the room also if u need to just cool down after a big day then it is great cause u have ur own private plunge pool, and if u cant be bothered one morning going down for brekky u can just order it the night before (at no extra charge) to ur room in the morning.

4. Re: centra karon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 06 June 2013, 21:42
Queensland
Level Contributor
95 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: centra karon

Im not sure what the price will be from a terrace room, only because when we book we normally book a deluxe room and upgrade once there, when we were there in August "12" we got our upgrade for around 1000baht a night around 35 AUS but they did start at a higher price but because we had been there a few times before they gave us that price.

6. Re: centra karon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 March 2014, 05:17