We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

whats the max you pay for clothing

Which Karon hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
queensland
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Topic
whats the max you pay for clothing

Whats the max you pay for clothing.

1. Good quality 100% cotton t shirts?

2. Fake bags eg. L.V. purse too? Etc

3.sun glasses brands

Australia
Level Contributor
173 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: whats the max you pay for clothing

Check out Cathy and Garys Travel pages, very helpful with prices on just about everything. Linda

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: whats the max you pay for clothing

Yes, if you write Cathy and Gary in the search box you'll get there list. There are different qualities of fake bags, the most expensive are 6000 baht and the cheapest around 800 baht but the cheapest don't last long and any gold on the bag like trimmings or the zip will discolour quite quickly, it depends what you're willing to pay for a bag.

queensland
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: whats the max you pay for clothing

Yes i know about cathy and gary

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,455 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: whats the max you pay for clothing

G'day Freeshia,

It really comes down to your haggling skills , If you see something you like and your happy with the price then buy it if not walk away they will probably give you a lower price if they see your willing to walk away .... Remember make it fun ... do it with a smile and never lose your temper , you will be suprised at what can be achieved with a bit of humor :)

Cheers

Lozza and Mrs Lozza

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
396 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: whats the max you pay for clothing

i bought a black leather prada bag with gold trimmings last June and its still fantastic like the day I bought it. Yes it was from the "back room" and I paid 1100 baht. She started at 2200. When you look at the bags you will see the cheap ones and the better quality ones. Hint - before you buy test the zips well. A few bags I looked at the zips were getting stuck or one didnt have an end to it so when you went to zip it closed the zip could come straight off.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,473 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: whats the max you pay for clothing

50 %

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
402 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: whats the max you pay for clothing

i brought 2 pairs of ray bands at 150 baht each but the max you pay is the max you want to i know people who paid 900 baht for billibong shorts and were rapped with the price we pay 250. bags are not my thing as name brands knock offs i have 2 bags i use all the time and brought both in australia Good tshirts are normally about the 200 baht and some are really good quality

queensland
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: whats the max you pay for clothing

Thanx i look at the price sunnies at the markets no more than 10 dollars. Less there. Have to buy heaps for everyone l.v glasses. Bags i will check that out. Im machinists helps lol in that field canvas. Lol

aust
Level Contributor
181 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: whats the max you pay for clothing

You have to remember that you are buying $2 shop sunglasses with a logo painted on it, or a cheap bag with the logo glued to it. most of the designer bags don't even look anything like the fakes, and the fakes do look really fake against the real thing, personally I would much prefer a real $100 au Nine west bag than a $35 fake, as the fakes really do stand out. As a rule, I only spend on fakes what I would spend if I were buying no name sunglasses form a $2 shop, or a kmart bag etc, as in reality they are only cheap nasty items with the logos attached. Years ago my hubby used to buy the Elwood Tshirts etc, but once you get them home they look terrible when put against the real thing. And when you can get a real Elwood Tshirt in Melbourne for $20, I cant justify spending $10 for a fake that looks really fake. We used to get caught up in the "cheap shopping", but I no longer consider it cheap and try not to shop at markets etc in Thailand anymore as it is not as good as it seems. The T shirts are all the same tshirt, just with each brand screen printed on them, the cuts are not great and the fabric is completely different from the real thing, again a $2 kmart t shirt with the logo printed on it.

We went to the Philippines last year for the first time, and there I really did get caught up in the shopping, and yes I did buy heaps of fakes because for mens zoo york shorts (that looked the same as what I pay $60 for here in Melb, Superdry T shirts, (and a lot of american branded clothing) we were paying $2.50 per item, and the quality was exactly like the real thing, the shop keepers were telling us they were "brand overruns" though I don't believe this I still think they were fakes. I bought 3 pairs of Guess jeans, (current styles) for $24 for the 3 pairs. It was so much cheaper than Thailand, we would have gone back again this year but it is a bit trickier to get to the islands than Thailand. Food and drinks were atleast 2/3rds cheaper than thailand aswell, for western meals inc drinks we were spending around $12 for 2 people. For any of you that are looking for somewhere new to go, I highly recommend Manila and Boracay!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4,341 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: whats the max you pay for clothing

BTW freeshia, please don't make the mistake of thinking for even one second that they are actually sunglasses. They are nothing more than an ultra cheap plastic fashion accessory with zero UV blocking capabilities to protect eyes. You and the friends you plan on buying for, should at least be aware of this.

Cheers