We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

is it east to get taxi at 530am?

Which Karon hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Durham, United...
Level Contributor
79 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
is it east to get taxi at 530am?

we fly to bangkok for a few days before going home. i can book a 8am or 1pm flight.

if i get the 8am flight is it easy to get a taxi at around 530am, and how long would it take to get to airport?

Phuket
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
3,521 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: is it east to get taxi at 530am?

I would book a Taxi the day before. Agree on a price. It will be quicker that time of day. Trip is normally just under an hour.

darwin
Level Contributor
191 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: is it east to get taxi at 530am?

play safe and book the taxi through the hotel.we have been let down by taxi drivers in the wee hours on several occasions.so it is better for the hotel to wake or replace them.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
3,790 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: is it east to get taxi at 530am?

+1 for booking through the hotel for the exact same reason, especially for the 5:30 pickup as there will be no alternative available.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,035 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: is it east to get taxi at 530am?

Our 5.30am driver didn't show, and the hotel staff got us a driver in 20 minutes. I'd be very surprised if anyone working at a hotel didn't have a friend or contact they can call for just such occasions.

I'd still definitely pre-book a driver. We book the return journey before leaving home, and it's about the same price as a taxi anyway.

5. Re: is it east to get taxi at 530am?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 May 2014, 05:16