We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How much does it cost from the airport to Karon by taxi?

Which Karon hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
26 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
How much does it cost from the airport to Karon by taxi?

Hi guys,

As I would go to Phuket in Sept and booked a hotel, so I am wondering how much it costs from the airport to Karon beach?

Thanks lots

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
70 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How much does it cost from the airport to Karon by taxi?

Hi,

I'll be staying at Karon for the first time later this summer, and have found this company that a lot of ppl have recommended - http://www.phuketshuttle.com/

Their quote is 850 THB each way, but I've read that they're very professional and would usually show up 10-15 minutes before hand.

You may also try to get a meter taxi outside of the airport (all the way to your right as soon as you leave the airport). But I've head that they aren't always available, and sometimes they "forget" to turn on the meter. But I think their prices would be the most reasonable if the meter is on.

There will be other taxi drivers who'd try to get you to use them, and many of them would try to drive you to other shops/ travel agencies before getting to your destination because they want that commission from the shops for bringing you there. They might also try to tell you that the hotel you'll be staying at is not good, blah blah blah.

I'll be booking with Phuket Shuttle so I don't have to deal with all of that, and have a peace of mind.

2. Re: How much does it cost from the airport to Karon by taxi?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 September 2013, 13:01
newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
10,184 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How much does it cost from the airport to Karon by taxi?

Or you can get a shared minibus for 200bt

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
115 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How much does it cost from the airport to Karon by taxi?

800 baht

5. Re: How much does it cost from the airport to Karon by taxi?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2013, 13:36
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
26 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How much does it cost from the airport to Karon by taxi?

Thank you guys,

I emailed my hotel to ask and they said it's 950THB, seems more expensive...

Thank you Ourchived. I will see your link and might book with them also.

Regards.

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
82 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How much does it cost from the airport to Karon by taxi?

I paid 900bt outside airport

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
70 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How much does it cost from the airport to Karon by taxi?

I just got a reply email from Mr. Chai asking for a round trip transfer for Karon, and his price is 700B. So I might end up booking with him instead.

-k

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
26 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How much does it cost from the airport to Karon by taxi?

Woa... Ourchived! So good. How can I contact with him? Dont you mind?

Cheers

Lana

England
Level Contributor
1,546 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How much does it cost from the airport to Karon by taxi?

Hi we used Manop last year had lots of recommendations on here, and I think we paid 700 baht here is his email m_pukpaya@hotmail.com, we met three other coupls on here from UK also staying at our hotel at the same time and we all used him as we all arrived different days and the return journey.