We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Karon Beach resort becoming BEYOND renovations

Which Karon hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
mar
Central Coast Sydney
Level Contributor
179 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Karon Beach resort becoming BEYOND renovations

HI there - just wondering if we book now for APril next year - will all the room types have changed etc - And does anyone know when it is closing/reopening for renos? - I read some of the latest reviews and one person said it will NOT be a family resort after the renos are complete??

anyway just wondering if anyone knows anything yet??

Phuket, Thailand
Level Contributor
6 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Karon Beach resort becoming BEYOND renovations

Dear Mar

the resort has reopen as Beyond Resort Khaolak, and yes true it has become an adult only retreat for guests 18 years and up. The concept has worked wonders at the Beyond Resort Khaolak property as well.

Robert, GM, Beyond Resort Khaolak.

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach
Level Contributor
5,397 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Karon Beach resort becoming BEYOND renovations

Wait, if I am to believe this thread Karon Beach Resort, part of Kata Group, has changed to Beyond Resort Khaolak?

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach
Level Contributor
5,397 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Karon Beach resort becoming BEYOND renovations

OK, already found it, the post above should read ' the resort has reopened as 'Beyond Resort Karon'. So is Robert working in Khao Lak or in Karon?

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
2 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Karon Beach resort becoming BEYOND renovations

Hi Steven,

Robert is the General Manager for Beyond Resort Khaolak, also a part of Kata Group. All the Beyond Resorts in Southern Thailand is owned by Kata Group.

I am happy to announce that I was just at Beyond Resort Karon and was impressed. The hotel is now fully open and the changes are noticable. Most of the guests I met were Germans, Scandinavians, and Australians.

Glenn

Melbourne
Level Contributor
210 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Karon Beach resort becoming BEYOND renovations

This was another short listed resort we were looking at however I have heard that the price of a room has gone up considerable, does anyone have an idea of a price per night as I can't seem to find a web site on this hotel.

Phuket, Thailand
Level Contributor
6 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Karon Beach resort becoming BEYOND renovations

Sorry you are absolutely right, its opened as Beyond Resort Karon. And yes again, I am GM in Khaolak.

Robert

Phuket, Thailand
Level Contributor
6 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Karon Beach resort becoming BEYOND renovations

you may try www.katagroup.com and you chose then Beyond Resort Karon. I am nevertheless sure that with Flight Centre in Australia or even with OTA's ( online Travel Agents ) you may find better rates than direct with the hotel.

Robert, GM BRKL ( Beyond Resort Khaolak )

8. Re: Karon Beach resort becoming BEYOND renovations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2014, 05:16